Hello From Canada

Hello all. i would like to introduce myself and my son to you all
a few years a go my son joined one of our local 4H clubs. It is a multi club so they have motors in it as we call it.
so in his second year a family member that bought some property in Sask. and found this old mini bike in a out building. thay brought it back to alberta and not knowing what to do with it they gave it to my son.
well he chose to work on it as a 4H project, but only the engine. he pulled the engine and rebuilt it from the ground up. when he started this project we knew nothing of the condition of the engine, but after he got it done it fired up on the second pull and ran awesome.
fast forward a year and now he wants to restore it.
it is a 1971 Arctic Cat Climber
i will be sharing this username with him but will monitor what he puts up. and also will be starting a restore thread soon
here is a before picture
2.JPG

Welcome, nice to see a couple more of us Canadians. My brother did a resto-mod on a climber frame he picked up last summer. Not nearly as complete as yours.

Last edited:
thanks all
the tank has a couple of dents in it most likely from hand bars cause they match left to right
was missing the belt cover, driven clutch, jack shaft, drive sprocket, chain, taillight, a couple of reflectors and headlight.
only thing we haven't found is a headlight.
everything else has been sourced now my son just has to get mowing lawns to pay for it all.
if anyone has said parts that they would let go please let us know
we can buy everything we need except the headlight but sometimes used good condition is just as good

Last edited: