help i.d. heald hauler b&s engine

recently picked up a heald hauler, fair shape the engine does not have hardly any of the tins for the motor. tore it down cylinder walls are scored pretty bad, bore is about 3.437 with calipers as i dont have inside mics to do it proper. has an aluminum cylinder, 2 crankshaft counter balancers in pto side case, crank has bushings no bearings just trying to figure year and size to maybe source needed pieces to maybe redo this to put back in all help is appreciated thanks

thank you sir helps narrow down to 250000 series with 2.625 stroke not sure if this will be built or swap in a 10hp briggs i already have thanks again

I assume you are talking about a Briggs opposed 2 cylinder . Not easy to find good ones of these left . They did not have a oil pump on them . They where fine on flat ground but when run on hilly terrain they did not have enough oil in them for the splash oil system . Recommend running about 4 oz. more . If this helps , here are the numbers off my tin work .
Model 401117 Type 0010-01 Model 79053112 This is a 16 hp 656 cc.
10 hp would be under powered .

I assume you are talking about a Briggs opposed 2 cylinder . Not easy to find good ones of these left . They did not have a oil pump on them . They where fine on flat ground but when run on hilly terrain they did not have enough oil in them for the splash oil system . Recommend running about 4 oz. more . If this helps , here are the numbers off my tin work .
Model 401117 Type 0010-01 Model 79053112 This is a 16 hp 656 cc.
10 hp would be under powered .
this is actually a single cylinder that specs at 399cc according to what i have found thanks for the help

I put a modified clone 420 in mine, but our one that has 10/11 hp. briggs just feels better and more authentic. From the little comparisons ive seen with the 10-11 hp was intake elbow and etc. From that era of engines! The 420 clone requires removal of the muffler and air filter. And customized, intake was easy. Exhaust was more diff. We do also have the 16 hp op-twin hauler, Its faster prolly more power but its just not needed. Fun machines, I wish I woulda got one many years ago! I grew up 30 minutes away from the factory.