HELP in identifying our basket case

We were told that it is a Sears Roper and from my research it appears to be close, but not really the same. Everything is chrome (even the 6" rear wheel that we got with it), but the rear suspension is on the seat rather than a swing arm. The front fork has springs and is badly rusted and twisted up so we would like to replace it, but need to know what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you.... mini bike.jpg

Thank you for your answer to my question. I did a search of El Tigre and found that you built one a couple of years ago. You wouldn't by chance have a front wheel, front fender and a complete fork assembly that you would sell, would you? Thanks again.....
look up JC penney "el Tigre" :thumbsup:

markus

Thank you for your answer to my question. I did a search of El Tigre and found that you built one a couple of years ago. You wouldn't by chance have a front wheel, front fender and a complete fork assembly that you would sell, would you? Thanks again.....
No problem, I don't have any parts for those right now. I do have some steel front wheels in 5" size that might work if you cant find a 6" or if you like the big and little look. The ones I have are 4 3/4" spacing across the hub and 3 3/4" outside edges of the wheel itself. They are old manufacturer stock and are $20 shipped each.

good luck with it.

You can rebuild those forks with a little work , I built nearly new ones for mine from the parts off the wasted forks I had , look thru my pics it may help you . Good luck with your project !

I have been trying to get it apart to rebuild it. How in the world do they come apart without wrecking the springs? Mine is rusted tight so I've been soaking the heck out of it with penetrating oil. 2017062695093709.jpg 2017062695093610.jpg
You can rebuild those forks with a little work , I built nearly new ones for mine from the parts off the wasted forks I had , look thru my pics it may help you . Good luck with your project !

I have been trying to get it apart to rebuild it. How in the world do they come apart without wrecking the springs? Mine is rusted tight so I've been soaking the heck out of it with penetrating oil. View attachment 97994 View attachment 97995
The metal piece ( fender mount ) that runs between the fork lowers has to be cut off carefully so you can unthread the springs , the fork spring cups have the metal tabs to retain the springs , those can also be bent up carefully to slide the lowers off of the uppers but if they are frozen that wont work , do you have them soaking in PB Blaster ?