HELP! Need '95 Nissan Quest Fuel Pump Info

MiniBike Paul

Our car broke down :censure: on the way to a Cruise vacation ( almost free) out of San Diego! We left it at a mechanic and are down in Mexico. Just got an email that "we need a fuel pump and filter, $665.00" !!

OUCH!! :no: Why would it be so much, anybody know?? I'll check here 2-3 times daily, and thanks!!

PAUL,if the fuel pump is mounted in the fuel tank,it always i think it cheaper
to buy a used fuel complett, some salvage yards just work with nissan,
if you cant find one out ther,i might be able to help,wk

i dont understand why its that much its like 120 for the fuel pump and if its in the tank then they drop the tank take the old one out put the new one in hook everything up 2 hrs tops maybe more but i dont see were $650 is coming from .. i payed about 270 for a new pump/filter and installation

If it any thing like my 92 Honda Accord,and 2001 Bonniville there a access cover under the rear seat or in the trunk to get the pump out.and you do have to drop the tank.

When and if you break down out of town they let you have it.

If the tank/pump is accessable from the top, that would mean with a few tools you could fix it yourself down in San Diego>?

If the car is not your, just let them get you out of there pay with an AMEX and deal with it later on when your in your office.

TT :crying: