Help on New Predator 212cc New Clutch

I'm having a issue with sliding the new clutch on to the new predator 212 engine. I tried 2 new clutches and still I cannot get it to slide on with ease:confused:.

Any advice would be nice.

Yep, its the right size, 3/4. I will try your idea tomorrow and let you know. I could not find any burrs or mushroom issues.

Its just wicked tight and I don't want to force it on.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem or not, but I was reading something on this forum that was talking about those ebay chinese knockoff clutches having a not so good hole in them.

If the chinese clutch is a 19mm, 3/4" = 19.05mm which won't fit good.

Last edited:
The other gentlemen suggested to try to sand the shaft with fine sand paper. I hate to take the engine back cause I have it modified and getting the clutch on was my task left to perform.

My bad, the clutch size is 3/4 and not the size I posted in the last reply. Sorry for the incorrect info. I will try the sanding routine tomorrow. If it does not work I will throw the engine in the trash and buy a different brand.

Thanks for everyone assistance.

Cheezy1, I have 2 of those and neither one will slide on without forcing it, thanks for the correct URL Link.

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

sanding the PTO down is no big deal. It won't take much to do it either. Start that bad boy up and get some 320 on it. It will appear as if it is freshly machined! Do it in stages. get it smooth and try the clutch. If it doesn't slide on easily, do it again. I would strip some sandpaper about 2.5" wide and enough length to hold onto it and give it even pressure across the shaft....or get a bigger hammer!:hammer: