Help with throttle hook up on new carb

Hey everyone I am putting a carb system on my doodle bug that has a 6.5 predator engine on it. I am new to adding all the extras to the engines so I am not 100% sure what I am doing, and was hoping you guys could help. If you have pics that would be great cause words are hardto follow on engine work.

Below are pics of my new carb, and the old throttle setup. I did buy a new throttle linkage kit, and I did the re-jet for this carb also.

Is there anyway to set up the system so when it's idleing there's no pull ontheengine to the tire?

Also so you know I case it makes a difference in how I have to setup this carb, a restrictor plate was puton when I replaced the jet.

Hey sorry I don't know what I was thinking I. Hooked upthethrottle cable correct I just don't know what to do with the leftover governor stuff can I remove it with no issues or should I reattach it? Here are the right photos

I'm not sure what to do with the governor things. Messing with the governor is taboo around here.:shrug: Bike looks very nice though.
Pat

what you have set up is a mikuni carb. the throttle cable goes into the top of the carb. You also have 1/2 the set up still in place for the old "stock" carb. you cant run both. If you are running the Mikuni, get rid of all the other throttle control stuff. (rods, springs, lever, etc.) You have by-passed all of this by installing the Mikuni. good luck!

Does anyone have a picture or video of what it should look like I understand what your saying ijustdontknow what else to remove and where/ how exactly to hook up the. Throttle in the carb top

Okay I have removed all the throttle parts I believe I have to get a ball for the bottom of my throttle cable and a screw to secure the throttle cable to my carb top. So I haven't yet hooked that up but I have two more questions one should I have my governor arm stuck in the open position, and will that be oaky for the engine.

Also do I have do I have to mess with the billet rod and fly wheel? If so do I remove it or replace it with something new?