help with z50r

i have a z50r that i am having trouble gettting to run right...i can crank it but it wont idle and when i rev it uo it takes forever for the engine to slow back down:shrug: i dont know what wrong with it, valves possibly?:shrug:

Start with the basic's check compression if you have over a 100 psi move on to spark check that you have good spark if you have no spark if you have points and condenser clean the points if you have a cdi then check the coil and test cdi. if you have spark check fuel clean the carb you can take the carb to a motorcycle shop and have then sonic clean it and rebuild it with new gaskets etc.

after that it should run if not you need to check timing.

it had low compression and the head gasket was bad:shrug: i could hear it sucking in air, i didnt think it needed a rebuild though because it didnt smoke...

hahaha..i wish, whenever i tear something down though i redo and clean everything in sight:laugh: i will prolly get the big bore kit cause i put an mr50 forks front wheel handelbars swingarm and back wheel on it so it is more like a pit bike now:laugh:

alot of them are interchangeable, my mr was missing the seat and wouldnt go into gear and the top end wasnt the best...so now i have an mrz50r :laugh:i will be posting a build thread on it some time in the near future, i am not sure on a crf though, the forks would prolly bolt right on, they did on the z50...i had to drill new holes for the swingarm though.

no doubt the crf50 is fine and the same as the xr but the front forks are a letdown, its unbelievable that honda mini parts from the 70's are better

no doubt the crf50 is fine and the same as the xr but the front forks are a letdown, its unbelievable that honda mini parts from the 70's are better
As some one who collects vintage honda's you are talking out your ass.

No one in there right mind is gonna take a newer honda and swap on vintage forks.

the popular swap for the crf50 is to swap on crf70 forks with xr80 clamps.

The 70's bikes are swapping in 90's tech in there fork tubes and 90's guys are swapping in 2000 tech in there bikes.

On my 84 cr125 build I'm putting on 2004 cr250 forks and clamps.

@minibikedude..thanks i will check it out, bout to post up a build thread on the bike...

@fiero377ci hmmmm i wouldnt doubt it, they dont make stuff like they use to:laugh: