Hemi predator Torque build

Hey guys, first time using the forum :) basically i have an old kt100 kart frame that needed an engine. So i went to harbor freight yesterday to pick up a 212 to build. They only had the 730 models everywhere untill i saw a random engine out of the box just sitting under a shelf. I asked a worker and he said it was a return and he would sell it for 80 dollars. Hell ya! It was also the hemi model :) and at the register they only charged me 60 dollars so i scored. The cylinder was hydrolocked with old gas which is why someone returned it im guessing. That took about 2 seconds to fix now she starts first pull.

Anyways... Im tryng to build this motor to bash around my backyard and around the street so i need to keep it on the cheap side. I think im going to use the black mamba jr cam, which is good for like 6k correct? Also i was going to use a billet rod, stock flywheel with 4 degree advance. What pipe and intake would u guys recomend for good power with nice torque? Also i heard u cant use aftermarket rockers on the hemi head. Should i use a higher lift cam then? Also will a stock maxtorque clutch be good enough? Im confused so i would appreciate if u guys helped me out thanks!

First off welcome to the forum, and now about this go kart. If you want torque the black mamba jr is a good choice, that cam is a little monster, and if you are gonna run the springs for that cam you may want to look into some pushrods. I have an old yellow jacket with a 212 hemi i have the black mamba jr, air filter, e-tube and jets, header, and pushrods. It is flat bad it will spin the tires like crazy in the grass. Since you are upgrading the rod i suppose you are taking out the governor so you will need a flywheel too. If you want torque the black mamba jr is great, as for header i just got a $25 from nrracing, If you want to run a stock carburetor than a gx 140 emulsion tube works well and of course a bigger main jet. Now for the clutches i like the TAV setup waaay better than everything else. My go kart still has the governor and it runs 43mph with a TAV with a worn out belt, the TAV is just better in my opinon.

I agree with everything he said ,now about the flywheel i wouldn't put a single power adder or even think about removing the govenor take this from someone who has had a flywheel come apart on them, it happens its not cool it blows a hole in the side of the motor and kills the starter personaly i wouldn't want that kind of trauma anywhere near my back ,chest ,arm, buttocks etc safety safety safety be careful please