Hent.... Make GTO a moderator......

Theres a few people around here that could help alot, Ive noticed alot of spam for wigs, and now stainless steel ball valves:doah: Nothing mini related

Thanks but not interested. I am "the anti mod". Too many boards have been ruined by moderators deleting, moving,, and locking peoples posts. I can see where true spammers and trolls need to be removed but that's about it.

I like to see people say what they feel without some moderator feeling the need to impose their own beliefs on them.

When I was a Mod and supermod on gun boards, I let people bash me or argue with me without using my "power" because that wouldn't be fair. BTW, gun forums are full of the biggest pussy moderators in the world! I can't think of one good board any more.

I've had a board for over 5 years and the heading states in flashing letters "Friends don't moderate friends". This came about because some of my so called friends took over a board and turned into a bunch of nun's, I was banned for questioning moderators in public. They offered for me to come back if I complied and I said :thefinger:

"Oldman" knows what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

So what makes a good moderator smallbikes? A fair one perhaps? Bioch! I liken them to lawyers and used car salesmen like you. :thefinger:

1stlegendtx

I wasn't trying to start anything. GTO is fine though, and it's fine that he doesn't want to do it. I just thought there was a lot of spam/junk in the last two days and he seems to be on here the most.

Thanks but not interested. I am "the anti mod". Too many boards have been ruined by moderators deleting, moving,, and locking peoples posts. I can see where true spammers and trolls need to be removed but that's about it.

I like to see people say what they feel without some moderator feeling the need to impose their own beliefs on them.
I agree with this. I'm the other administrator besides the owner of pontiaczone.com and we make a point not to over moderate like they do at the bigger Performanceyears.com Pontiac board.

I had one guy I had to ban after giving him a million and one chances to stop using racial slurs, and to quit harassing people. I hate to ban anyone, but it had to be done.

Had another situation where a Pontiac vendor was bad about jumping into other vendor's tech threads, and telling people to call him for the parts even though the first guy put the effort into R&D and shared the info and the 2nd guy only chimes in when there's something to sell. I told him to knock it off publicly in the thread, and he made a big deal about it, and called me every name in the book, along with calling me a nobody. This nobody USED to be a customer when I needed a part every now and then....so basically he showed people what an ass he could be as well as how he feels about his potential customers. Eventuall I locked the thread, and he made a big deal to the owner of the board telling him that he needs to get rid of me. The owner and I laughed about that one on the phone later.

He also insisted on me deleting the thread, but that's not my style. If he wants to go off like that in public then he can live with the the statements being there forever for all to see. We don't delete things just because someone is now embarrassed by their comments.

My Opinion.
This site is fine as it is. A few SPAM ads now and then, but that's about it.

I don't see racial slurs or sexual stuff. A few guys going at it now and then, but that's OK. If you can dish it out...just be ready to take it.
All in all it's an informative and fun site........like it should be.:thumbsup:
Nothings perfect.

i also think the site is fine the way it is.

i could see it being beneficial making someone like GTO or myself mods (since we're both on here all the time) just to get rid of stuff like the spam posts. i'm all for having moderators that don't do anything unless it's necessary.

most arguments don't get that bad here and members are good at getting people to calm down if they get a bit out of line.

:freakout:

I have had a little trouble logging in from laptop to laptop. I guess I figured it out.

In regards to moderators, I have been banned for disagreeing with total rederick. However, this board you can push the limits and it should stay that way. JimH and I had words however, we got over it and became friend's afterwords and I try to limit the remarks that truly harrass the member's who pay to be here. I always try to give the benifit to the new member's so they become supporting member's> GTO no. Striogi possibly. Toms Props, would be fair and not jump down the throat of an individual who may propose to become a member who contributes. Giving the finger is a diss. Words are like bullets they wound the member.

I like one thing about this board, being here and being a part of something great that could result is bringing more people to the sport and encouraging American Companies to produce quaility built products compared to the 50,000 Baja Mini posts.

There is only one punk member, he will learn the hard way as well>?!

TT :doah:

GTO as a Mood-erator?!

Gaack!

Isn't he the one clogging the OLD MINI forums with OLD MAXI bikes?! :thefinger:

I've been to many of the same gun-places as GTO, going back quite a few years, and what he says is very true... I still post on a few gun-boards but I've never been much of an agitator. :innocent:

Although I'm not terribly prolific here, I'd hate to see this board go that way... Besides, all we need is one of those "If it ain't OLD, it don't belong." types to be at the controls!!! :thefinger: