HF 11hp or 13hp

toomanytoys

What the heck is with that super bronc in the back. That makes me want to cry :crying:

The one in the front, that motor is a tight ass fit in there! I found a guy locally selling some dark red clones. he is a 11HP I thought about picking up, 250 I think is what he wants for one. Looks just like all the other clones!

Ratbike

What the heck is with that super bronc in the back. That makes me want to cry :crying:

The one in the front, that motor is a tight ass fit in there! I found a guy locally selling some dark red clones. he is a 11HP I thought about picking up, 250 I think is what he wants for one. Looks just like all the other clones!
The one in the back is a vt5 Trail Bronc, I found just the frame at a swap meet in Nebraska. Mounted a drag slick I bought for $5 on the back. Sold it on CL and the guy who bought it wanted some thing different and was elated when he saw it...:shrug:
The front one I still have and was a VT-7 Super Bronc. I would build up a 6.5 clone before putting on a 11 or 13hp clone ...knowing what I know now.

it's been done. you'd be better off just using a modded 6.5 IMO.

if you haven't seen the 11 or 13hp engines in person, they're huge compared to a 6.5.

RobK

I've thought about putting one of those on our Serengeti Puma. There's plenty of room, so I doubt that would be a problem. Is the GX340 the 11hp and the GX390 the 13hp? Seems to me you could mount a 13hp engine with a torque convertor, header, air cleaner, and a smaller rear gear and end up with torque monster with great acceleration and good top end. No worrying about governors or internal mods. Is there anything special about lining up the TC or jackshaft with the rear sprocket? The larger engines are about 3 1/2 inches wider than the 6.5, so I'm guessing you'd have to bias the engine to the right side a bit. I'm a little afraid that the bike would be a bit unbalanced, and want to lean to the right. Comments?

I've been thinking with the added hp of the larger engines I could focus more on high speed because the larger engine should still be able to get my fat ass up hills if I gear it for high speed. Let me know what you guy's think. Also, let me know if the 6.5 is plenty to pull my "fat ass" up hills and still be geared for high speed.