Homelite Trail King

Does anyone have a operation manual or other instructions to a Homelite Trail King. I need to know if there is a neutral setting on the trans like the Tule troopers or is the trans always ingaged in first or seccond gear. The rear tire tries to spin when i pull the rope to start the engine.

Last edited:

dang151

it should have a belt drive torque converter from the engine to the tranny that does not engage until you give it gas. pics?

the trany is a two speed with a neutral in the middle, if you are setting on the seat push the shifter to the left , that is low, to the right, or outside is high

jhgh14

Does anyone have a operation manual or other instructions to a Homelite Trail King. I need to know if there is a neutral setting on the trans like the Tule troopers or is the trans always ingaged in first or seccond gear. The rear tire tries to spin when i pull the rope to start the engine.
I'm very new to these bikes but I do believe there is a neutral in between low and high position. I am also looking for any literature and if I find it I will post it here. Good luck.