Honda clone Help

revo

ok so i had a honda clone and i bypassed the governer with my hand was having a blast ripping it up and down my street untill it blew up!!! :sadcrying4:

so im thinking about buying another 6.5 clone and i was wondering if there was an rpm limit i can run it without having to mod it? ino there has to be ppl out there that ungovern there motor and dont upgrade parts!!

also i realized that my engine died due to valve floating, so if i wana buy sum upgrades can i just buy sum 18 pound springs and be done with it or am i gona have to dish out more... what do u suggest i get??

thanks alot

Ratbike

ok so i had a honda clone and i bypassed the governer with my hand was having a blast ripping it up and down my street untill it blew up!!! :sadcrying4:

so im thinking about buying another 6.5 clone and i was wondering if there was an rpm limit i can run it without having to mod it? ino there has to be ppl out there that ungovern there motor and dont upgrade parts!!

also i realized that my engine died due to valve floating, so if i wana buy sum upgrades can i just buy sum 18 pound springs and be done with it or am i gona have to dish out more... what do u suggest i get??

thanks alot
G.Jelly's.'s advice is best. If you don't want to mod the motor what I do is take off the throttle stop screw and that will take you from 3600 rpm to about 4-4200 rpm of which I found to be safe.They will take this rpm all day long. It suprises me that your motor blew that quickly though. I have built 5 minis with header, air filter, rejetted carb and overridden governors( Greyhound clone motors) and have not blown one yet...but I don't EVER run them wide open, top rpm for more than a few seconds at a time.I guess like anything, sometimes you get a lemon!:confused: :scooter:

Last edited:

revo

alright those two parts i was thinking about getting!! nope i think rod is fine, i havent taken motor apart but im pretty sure i bent a valve cuz wen i pull her over u hear air comming out of the air filter:thumbdown: and yes i got a little excited with it and i was racing cars and stuff so i knew it wuld blew sooner or later :sadcrying4:

is there a tachometer i can buy for my meter to watch rpms??

I have been wanting a tachometer also. :smile:

I have seen the SenDEC Tachometer.
Any experiences with this model or suggestions for other models?

If you have a tach -- where did you get yours and for how much?

Best Case - I would like one which is portable/easy to transfer to other engines.

-Thanks.

:scooter:

revo

ya ive seen that tach being used in some vids im thinking about getting it.

also can some people suggest sum throttle linkage techniques for an ungoverned motor?

bajablitz i saw some pics that you had i pretty much understand how to hook up the throttle but there ones part im having trouble with, its that little not with a screw that the cable goes into and then gets clamped into place by tightening the screw. where do i get that or how do i make it? and how does it mount onto the motor?
thanks