Honda trail ct70

Zach

Would you pay 550 for this?? Needs ignition, been drilled out, also needs front brakes. It does have a title. Mileage is 7,341 miles.

Zach

Suzuki MT 50 Trailhopper

or I have the option of this. It's currently not running For 200.00 :thefinger: :hack: :grind: :eek:ut: :scooter:

Would you pay 550 for this?? Needs ignition, been drilled out, also needs front brakes. It does have a title. Mileage is 7,341 miles.

When you loose your key on a CT70, all you have to do to hot wire is: Unscrew the ign switch nut, push the ign in, put something around it so it does not ground to the frame. A way you go!

I would not pay $550 for it but that is me. I look for the deals.

DONT BUY EITHER THE SUZUKI STAY AWAY FROM THEY ARE CRAP!!!!! tHE HONDA IS TO MUCH FOR A KIXER UPper, sorry about the caps. I paid 400 for a running ct70 with a title which is about what that ones worth, It looks like a 72. It all depends on how much you want to spen on getting it nice again! Try and find a ct70 rolling frame buy a lifan 125cc and have a ball but they are expensive these ct70's

markus

I'd say the ct is marginal, I'd definitly try and work a better deal, while parts are pretty easily available, they add up quick on them! Those bikes don't seem that diffucult to find. We found a decent selection here in FL and not too bad of prices when we were looking for one for a buddy back in November.

Far as the trailhopper, thats a bike on my "wish list", that particuar one though just does not seem like wise buy. unless maybe it had some needed parts off it or something like that. I don't think I'd want to touch one unless it was complete, probably cheaper and less aggravation to get one complete and running.

What's a good price on such Hondas with no title available? Just curious. I know a guy with a pair sitting in his weeds, and my stepdad is interested in at least one of them, thinking of pitching an offer. I was thinking maybe $400 for the pair, as they both look pretty complete, but I have no idea if they run or not.

$550 hahahahahahaha. Go see what I just paid $80 for. Mine will be kicking some major ass as soon as I clean it up a little. Offer the guy $200, when he says no tell him to call you in a month and you will give him $175.

markus

I paid 80 for a mini bike alexander reynolds. I would not even think about paying 550 for a putt around.
Putt around on the street, legally because it has a title. while you can only do doughnuts in the confines of your yard. Thats good though because you need to stay close to a water hose for when that block of wood brake system catches fire:thumbsup:

Zach, seriously, that price is not out of whack for that model bike. if thats the type of bike you wanting its worth checking out. but before you go look at it peruse some the sites that sell parts and get a general idea of what parts cost and what is available and more importantly (if you are looking at it as an investment) what is available that is still year correct.
Just from looking at the pics you posted and the info I would say though that the stuff that is there (and not obviously damaged) better be real good, and motor needs to run good, strong and not smoke for the price hes asking-at least from what I have seen in my neck of the woods.

tomsprops

Yeah I think I would Pass @ that kinda $$ . I love CT's but thats kinda steep . Offer a couple of $'s and save the rest for that Lifan motor !
I'm also assumeing that the title is for "Street use" not just "Off Road" ?

550.00 is high for that , it looks like a 72 .. I agree with smallbikes about 400.00 the title makes it worth more since almost none of them ever had them ,, New they came with a Certificate of Origin that most never went and got the title with ,, The Bike looks complete so that is a plus , The one thing about a CT70 is its resale , I have had many and always get a good price when I sell ,, They run and ride nice also ,,, always worth the work to get back on the trail or street ,, I will also say that even though it is street legal they really dont go fast enough to get out in traffic with , I had a ST90 I tried to ride on the street , it would cruise around 45 and I still was getting run over by traffic ,, Think about it , if the speed limit is 35 ,, who really goes that fast in a car ,,, If this guy wont deal with you there is always another one just keep looking , I agree with the Lifan engine swap too , find a roller and just install a new engine , I had a 88cc kit in a 50cc lifan in my 73 ct70 that thing would do easy wheelies , think what it would do with a 140 or 125 .. anyway my two cents

go chacke out planetminis.com or planetminitrails.com people over there are nuts about 'em. to them...500 is a steal for something esp. w/ a title. :confused: i've been looking for one for a long time and haven't had any luck. everyone wants waaay too much for them at least around me. i put a wanted ad on my local cl for one and everyone wanted over a grand for theirs.