Hot Rod Tractor

Thought I would start a project log on my Hot Rod Tractor :thumbsup:

I got the old motor and the body off, pulled the diff to flip it over

Cut some extra crap off, now today I'll wash all the grease and crud off reinstall the diff and make a mount for the band brake then tomorrow I think I'll go to Harbour Freight and get a clone :thumbsup:

I wondered if you were going to build it. It's a perfect style for a ride on toy and will be fun to cruise the neighborhood on. I'll be watching your progress, off to a nice start and it looks like a perfect platform for a horizontal swap unlike so many other riders. I like it already.:thumbsup:

Well I had to take the diff apart to put the brake drum on so I thought I would clean it and repack it :thumbsup:

Well as most of you know thing almost never go the way they should :doah: The center opening in the brake drum is about a 16th too small :doah:

So that will have to wait for next week when I can take it to work and chuck it in the lathe :hammer:

So I couldnt go any farther with the brakes or diff :doah: So I thought I would take a look at the spindles as I knew the wheel bushings were sloppy :scared:
Right

Left

So here we sit :doah: I knew I needed rear axel bearings and front wheel bushings and now new spindles :censure: Well I found every thing but the spindles from IH Cub Cadet :thumbsup: so the spindles I will have to fabricate new axels for :doah: Shouldnt be too hard figure I'll just cut down some 3/4 bolts and weld them in should work fine :thumbsup:

Outlaw thanks for the compliment :thumbsup: I'm goin with a clone and just a clutch :shrug: and if that isnt enought I'll flip it back and put a TAV on it :thumbsup:

cool ! my first kart was a rear engined rider like that :thumbsup: And hey you can sell the tranny from it and almost pay for that predator. :laugh: was it a 5 speed or just a forward reverse unit?

With the Peerless it's a perfect setup, I gotta start looking at old riders more closely evidently. I like the overall look of the thing and it'll be perfect for neighborhood trips. I've been looking for a master cylinder with lever for my Super Tryke and have found one I think will work so I'll have it going again soon enough. It leaks and I tried a rebuild kit but no go. I need to call Ron Kimball tomorrow after I get to the post office, gotta ship a couple of parts and get your $ out to ya Randy. I took today off and just woke up from a restful nap a while ago.:sleep1:

zeeman

Hey Papa, Don't know how I missed this, but that is going to be one cool ride. I was at one of my favorite junk places the other day, and he had one just like yours, or very close. It was a Sears I believe. I was going to buy it, but he gave me one of those stories about his mother's cousin was going to fix it up. Right. It's been there for years. Keep the cool pictures coming.

We had one of those Cadets at the driving range for pulling a ball retriever. Made a cage for the operator but didn't bother with the engine. A golf ball hit the air cleaner and broke it off. We made a small cage for the engine after that. It was all garbage picked back in the day.

Thought I would start a project log on my Hot Rod Tractor :thumbsup:

I got the old motor and the body off, pulled the diff to flip it over

Cut some extra crap off, now today I'll wash all the grease and crud off reinstall the diff and make a mount for the band brake then tomorrow I think I'll go to Harbour Freight and get a clone :thumbsup:

Well I got a little done today :doah: I cut the drum to fit last Friday and today I repacked the diff and mounted the drum and sprocket, the new axle bearings came today so I was able to remount the whole thing :thumbsup:

I was hoping to use the OEM brake pedal and linkage but thats not goin to work so I'll have to figure that out and make a mount for the brake band next:hammer: