How do I remove the clutch?

Hola! Question.....I am working on a old briggs 6S....swapping it out for a new motor....My question is, how do I remove the flywheel from the shaft? (newbie)

I know on the back of the shaft, there is a alen screw....but judging from the front of this picture, it seems there might be a little more.

Any tips, suggestions, feedback on this whole process is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

By the photo it seems someone welded it on, that or the head of the bolt was up against something and wore it down. A better pic might help.:thumbsup:

By the photo it seems someone welded it on, that or the head of the bolt was up against something and wore it down. A better pic might help.:thumbsup:
You know.....I was thinking the same thing. It looked like a weld....which I cant understand why someone would do something like that.

Ugh....I hope that isnt the case.

C9H13NO3

Might have been welded on. Get yourself a set of pullers from HF. Attach the puller to the clutch and go wild. Or go liquid, and use some PB blaster and a prybar (BE CAREFUL)

Actually....I was able to get it. After taking off a clip....it allowed me to remove the clutchs outer cover. From there, inside there was a allen key again, which when loosened, it allowed me to remove the entire unit.....

Actually....I was able to get it. After taking off a clip....it allowed me to remove the clutchs outer cover. From there, inside there was a allen key again, which when loosened, it allowed me to remove the entire unit.....
Glad it was so easy! It looked menacing from the picture, many shafts are not threaded inside and some feel the allen screws wont hold so they weld a washer or something to keep it from migrating should things loosen up. You'll be riding in no time now!:thumbsup:

Glad it was so easy! It looked menacing from the picture, many shafts are not threaded inside and some feel the allen screws wont hold so they weld a washer or something to keep it from migrating should things loosen up. You'll be riding in no time now!:thumbsup:
Yup can't wait to get it going again for the boy. Not sure if the clutch is going to fit on the new engine, picking up a 6.5 briggs tomorrow, so we shall see!