How do you remove the clutch?

I've searched the internet and this site for similar questions but everyone just seems to have a problem pulling off the clutch once the bolt is removed.

My question is how do remove the bolt? The whole shaft spins and I'm not sure how to stabilize it. Do I need a special tool?

I bought the clutch and jackshaft from Promod, but the directions are written for someone with a general idea of what they are doing, which I don't.

Thanks
Jeff

Go to page 3 under the "General Mini Bike Talk" forum, and look for title "Clutch bolt removal" or something like that. Its about half way down the page. Read the whole forum and deceide what you want to try. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies.

mlanzoni, I couldn't reply to your PM because I don't have 3 posts. To answer your question I live in Trumbull.

I can't believe I need an impact wrench or have to stick a rope in the cylinder just to remove this bolt?

Thanks for the replies.

mlanzoni, I couldn't reply to your PM because I don't have 3 posts. To answer your question I live in Trumbull.

I can't believe I need an impact wrench or have to stick a rope in the cylinder just to remove this bolt?
Believe it, we hardly ever lie!

I just used channels like toomanytoys said. I put it on the output shaft to hold it and turned the bolt with a wrench. I could have used the impact but this worked first try. Impact would be the quickest way. Make sure its in the reverse position on the impact cause if to tighten the bolt it could break.

i usually just put a wrench on it and smack the wrench with a hammer. just hold the wrench on and the clutch while your doing it so the wrench doesnt go flying and your helping hold the engine from turning a bit. Usually that will loosten it umles its been there for 20 years

Thanks for the replies.
You need to re-read the discussion thread provided to you, as one of the options only involves a hand held wrench.:thumbsup:
Michael

Since I already have a compressor I ran out to Home Depot and purchased an impact wrench. Now I can start thinking about my next thread on how to start this thing (I also changed the carb with one from Promod ;) )

KB2ROCKET

i usually just put a wrench on it and smack the wrench with a hammer. just hold the wrench on and the clutch while your doing it so the wrench doesnt go flying and your helping hold the engine from turning a bit. Usually that will loosten it umles its been there for 20 years
yep me too