How much does klonopin cost without a prescription cost?

Short question, How much is a month supply of benzodiazepines without insurance?

Longer explanation

If youve read my recent thread you may know im dealing with some rough times. I have tried EVERYTHING aside from pharmacuticals to control my anxiety, feelings of unsatisfyig breaths and insomnia. Ive used l theanine, valarian, kavinace, St John Wort, as well as 5htp and many more. None worked other then valarian(for sleep) and it only worked in VERY VERY VERY high (but safe) doses.
I dont have prescription insurance. Im wondering if anyone here uses klonopin, xanax, valium, ativan or something similar and how much their monthly prescription costs. I dont like the idea of using this kind of drug because i know all about the withdrawls that you could get and other problems howver the symptoms im having are REALLY interfering with my sleep, which interfers with my work.

I get 100 1mg zanax a month and in generic it costs less than $30. :thumbsup:
Thanks for such a quick response. That is a great deal. Is that without any prescription insurance? Ive used xanax from friends once or twice, 2mgs and it was alot more then i needed. 100 seems like alot, but to each his own. I woud like to have something for when my symptoms suddenly hit me and wehn im wide awake and need to fall asleep. I dont think i need something every 6 hours every day

buckeye

Sometimes the drug comapnies have prescription assistance. Also check with your doc that prescribed. Sometimes they have samples. I know we give our patients starter samples to see if they work. And if so there are discount cards from mfg. Hope things ease up on ya . Stress can be a sleep stealer.

C9H13NO3

You might be able to get a generic of Eszopiclone (lunesta). Zolpidem (ambien) is another really good insomnia med, but you can't stay on it too long because it runs a higher risk of addiction.

I'm currently on 50 1mg of a generic Ambien (zolpidem) a month, and I can vouch to say it works well.

(needless to say for a 15yr old I'm pretty f'd up)

I thought about ambien or something specifically for sleep but id rather something that calms me down, and QUICKLY. Also the medecines that do this, benzos, are also used for sleep so they would kill two bird with one stone. Ive used ambien here and there before and didnt like it. Ive herd that you need to build up a level in your body for ebst effects. I only took it 2 nights in a row and it didnt make me fall asleep, or stay asleep at all. Seroquel worked very well for sleep, but its an antiphsychotic, i could be wrong, but i think a psychiatrist needs to prescribe that. Again though, if i can get my doctor to prescribe me a benzo, it will kill 2 birds with one stone. Sleep and relaxation

Just a question, why are you on ambien at 15 years old?

Thanks for such a quick response. That is a great deal. Is that without any prescription insurance? Ive used xanax from friends once or twice, 2mgs and it was alot more then i needed. 100 seems like alot, but to each his own. I woud like to have something for when my symptoms suddenly hit me and wehn im wide awake and need to fall asleep. I dont think i need something every 6 hours every day
Cash price.:thumbsup:

WOW i just realized that i mislabeled the title of this thread. I am not asking the street price of this stuff, i already know... I meant to title this thread, How much does klonopin without PRESCRIPTION INSURANCE cost. I bet a buncha people looked at the title of the trhead and thought "What a drug addict" or something along those lines.

Haha sorry bout that. SO i got one answer, 30 bucks. Thats the price for generics from the pharmacy right? Ive herd that walmart has a 4 dollar generic plan. Anyone know anything about that?

have you been to the doctor? or are you making a self prescribing decision here that you need a pill used for anxiety? sounds to me like you might need an anti-depressant rather than klonopin.

Lorazipam 1 mg (generic Ativan) runs about 40 a month for 60 pills. luckily with my insurance it costs me around $8 a month. thats about as good a answer i can do for ya

I have not been to the doctor YET. im not depressed. I have spurts of what i call panic attacks. It feels like my chest tightens up, i start worrying about EVERYTHING and often that keeps me up at night. Its like my mind wont shut off. Its not a daily thing but when it happens id like to have something to make the worry and tightness go away. I know a few people on xanax for similar reasons. Ill see what the doc says but im going to ask about a benzo. Something for spur of the moment, as needed. Rather then daily for a long time

buckeye

There may be other alternatives. Exercise may help. Be careful what you ask for at the doc. Our antennas go up when patients come in asking for those types of drugs. A lot of "drug seekers" come in and don't get what they think they need. Be honest and tell him or her you symptoms. Again don't ask for specifics.

No no. I have been wth this doctor for many years, As has my whole family. He asks me what works for me. I tell him what is awrong and what i have tried, or what i have had people recommend i ask the doc about. If i say that i think klonopin would be best for me for spur of the moment, once in a while treatment, he will happily start me with a very low dose and a check up soon after i start in order to see how its working. I know that there are drug seekers, i know many of them in fact. As i stated above though, i am not trying to get somehting this strong right off the bat. I have tried many natural options as well as some weaker ones long ago. These are no longer strong enough or fast acting enough so i am going to talk to him about something stronger. If i just wanted some drugs, i could make a quick phone call and get whatever i want. I want to get some help legally and in a correct, doctor recommended dose. I will be seeing him this monday afternoon. I just wanted to know how much i should plan on spendingwithout prescription insurance for a month supply.

MikeBear

I have not been to the doctor YET. im not depressed. I have spurts of what i call panic attacks. It feels like my chest tightens up, i start worrying about EVERYTHING and often that keeps me up at night. Its like my mind wont shut off. Its not a daily thing but when it happens id like to have something to make the worry and tightness go away. I know a few people on xanax for similar reasons. Ill see what the doc says but im going to ask about a benzo. Something for spur of the moment, as needed. Rather then daily for a long time
St. John's Wort (actually, ANY anti-depressant can cause it, but SJW especially) MIXED with common Vicodin (or almost any opiod drug, Fentanyl patches, etc) CAN and DOES cause panic attacks in many people. I KNOW this for an absolute fact, because it happens to me. I'd be bouncing off the walls, with a feeling of IMPENDING DOOM. The first time it happened to me after surgery, (12 years ago) when I was on liquid Vicodin, and I didn't tell the doc that I had been using St. John's Wort. I spent 9 hours in the emergency room, until I came down. I was crawling the walls, and jittery/legs jumping, etc the whole time. All chemical induced panic.

IF you are still on the St. John's Wort, I highly suggest you stop using it immediately. It's a super powerful anti-depressant when used correctly. However, it mixes BADLY with many drugs.. and causes the panic attacks when mixed with pain meds as I've said ... It takes many months for it to leave the system... Any chance your attacks fit this scenario?

Last edited:
I dont use st johns wort any longer. And i not using opiates either. Especially FENTANYL. However its weird that you say that because my dad JUST started using the patch. 100mcg/hr. Never seen such a strong drug in my house before. (shivers) god that stuffs gotta be dangerous