how not to turn down a shaft!!..lol

edwin

HAHAH! Did it work? lets see the result!
oh it works, ive done this to one other motor. needless to say the first one i did came out better.

this ones a little off, but it works.

again i highly suggest not to do this!!

like the saying goes do as i say not as i do.....lol

Not the grinder! Use a nice wide flat metal file.. Itll take a little longer but you can get it practicly perfect. and dont grind it first to get you close either because itll be all wompy and the file wont set level

when i come across one, that would be cool.

what about those old macs and west bends, none of those small motors had any type of tuned or expansion chambers pipes and they screamed , didnt they ?
i cant say on mac and west bends , but in messing with old big bore chain saws . the answer is yes and no .my Remington mall had like a box ,big hole on one side smaller on the other . big hole to the port and out the other . then the old lawnboys had there gen 1 muffler it was just a oval tube cast the shape of the port and like three 1/4 or 3/8 inch hole drilled in it . not a tuned pipe like we think now but it is kinda tuned to them . most just seemed to be a choking off of exhaust flow giving a back pressure .
with the setup you have going you wont get the max power out put and fuel efficiency but it will run . i ran a snow cat motor for years on a very short pipe like only 10 inch from port to dump out . loud as all hell but it did ok, did not score the piston of anything like that . im sure it did it no real good in the long run ,but it did cover alot of miles in that time. before the thing got the throttle problem , pulling air? :shrug: and going wide out .

A big Clinton Saw motor with a facory 7 inch open header took a lot of the higher frequencies out of my right ear.....

Sure was fun though....

Clintons hada lot of curved and veryt short straight open headers.
Keep in mind tuned exhaust as we understand it today was not even thought of back when these engines were new.

When of the great ironies of modern 2 stroke negine tuning is most of the work was done by the east germans who never made a penny of the discovery.