How tall are the new Pedator engines?

Does anyone know how tall the new HF Predator engines are? Both the 6.5 hp and the 3.5 hp.

I have read read at least 7 threads on these engines and the on-line manuals but I can not find a measurement for the overall height.

Thanks

danc9

My HF only has the 212cc there. Looks like about 13 1/2" tall. Depending on the lay out, you will need clearance for the filler cap.

DAN

Darn. I was afraid of that. It was wishful thinking on my part that they might come in under 13".

Thank you.

Anyone else have a height measurement for the 99cc?

Does anyone know how tall the new HF Predator engines are? Both the 6.5 hp and the 3.5 hp.

I have read read at least 7 threads on these engines and the on-line manuals but I can not find a measurement for the overall height.

Thanks
I just bought one today. The height is not an issue, but the length is. I have the new body style DB30 and it will not fit without cutting off the rear fender bracket. I pulled a Honda GX160 motor off of my son's gokart and it fit perfectly. The Predator 212 is about 2 inches longer than the GX160. I am now putting the Predator on the gokart and the Honda on the DB30.

length of 212

Hi
Is the longer length due to the airbox/exhaust system or the engine itself.
It appears the airbox/exhaust seems to be on or overhang the back of the engine.
I’m in Calif and we had problems with the Calif smogged engine height due to the tank and cap clearance (we use a diff cap and tank). Fix was to order an out of Calif tank and cap from HF (cost was about $15 shipped).

You were able to order the 6.5 clone non-California tank and cap from HF and get it shipped to a California address?:confused: This is the first I have heard of this.:confused: How did you do it? Where did you order it from?

Hi
Is the longer length due to the airbox/exhaust system or the engine itself.
It appears the airbox/exhaust seems to be on or overhang the back of the engine.
I’m in Calif and we had problems with the Calif smogged engine height due to the tank and cap clearance (we use a diff cap and tank). Fix was to order an out of Calif tank and cap from HF (cost was about $15 shipped).
I measured from the front of the engine base to the valve cover. The engine itself is longer. The fuel tank is the exact same size and style as the stock GX160 tank.

Hi
Sorry I missed your post.
The way the threads are set up on this website are not as easy as they are in others so it's easy to miss them.
Just call HF and give them the engine model number and order the part.
They do not care what you order or where it is shipped to.

"I have the L-shaped tank for the 66015 (out of state). Here are the part #'s for your future reference:
11944-0VGA 66015 FUEL TANK (L SHAPED)
11857-0VGA 66015 FUEL FILLER CAP W/PACKING RING"
Cap and tank do not come as a package and the filter fitting on the bottom is NOT included (they seem to want you buy one from your local small engine repair shop). My local shops hate me for some reason and all want 7$ for this item.
Why not, most want $4+ for a throttle cable stop and 3 were asking $30 for a recoil spring alone for a Honda (yes, just the spring)!
So I buy everything in bulk online now.

Last edited: