How to center wheel in the frame

finding center.jpg Let me start with....this may have been posted before. I didn't search...probably broke rule #1 of the forum.This is my first build from a bare frame and fork. Bought it unpainted and rusty from the Jefferson car show and swap meet. First thing was how to find center of frame to center rear wheel. Held the tire up and tape popped into my head. Measure center to center of frame, subtract half and mark tape. Now you have center !!!

CarPlayLB

A few ways you can do this. Either get some new spacer stock and custom make spacers, buy shorter spacer and shim with washers, or try not to be so OCD like me and just be Ok with it!

...but! Before you do all that, get the engine in with the clutch on it and see how it lines up. Some bikes were offset when new. You only have one set of engine mount holes, so let the engine and clutch dictate alignment. I have learned the hard way!

CarPlay is giving you some great advice, he has wasted thousands of dollars on chrome parts from not measuring twice:laugh: It looks like you are building an Azusa bike? Make sure to run a band brake on the clutch as a back up. Like the color of your frame!