How to disassemble Flexo drum

I have disassembled a flexo rear five inch wheel and I'm trying to remove the five inch drum/ sprocket from the wheel half. Is it pressed on?? I have it soaking in marvels oil... Thanks.

It's just stuck...there are three stand offs on the back side of the drum that are tapped. The same three screws that hold the wheel halves together also hold the drum on.

I would gently tap around the edge of the sprocket with a rubber mallet or make a wedge out of a piece of wood and tap it between the sprocket and wheel and work your way around...it will pop off.

Looks like somebody replaced the brake shoes at one time, or the whole assembly is from something else...Flexo brake usually look like this:

and the actuator arm is different

At least on the ones that I have seen or owned. Who knows, old Jack and Irv might have switched suppliers over the years.

KKK

Thanks for the help. I knew it had to be something, :laugh:but I didn't want to force it.... I also agree with you on the brake. Mine doesn't have the holding stud.. But an original is tough find.. Since this was a kit design. I think I will stick with what I got:thumbsup:

Thank you!!

Looks like somebody replaced the brake shoes at one time, or the whole assembly is from something else...Flexo brake shoes usually look like this:

and the actuator arm is different

At least on the ones that I have seen or owned. Who knows, old Jack and Irv might have switched suppliers over the years.
I did notice an interesting thing.. The break that came on the Steen's Pal is the same as me 1958 Caper??

I did notice an interesting thing.. The break that came on the Steen's Pal is the same as me 1958 Caper??
Yeah I'm sure most of the bike manufacturers used the same suppliers. Very few bikes were built entirely in house using proprietary designs for all the components. Powell comes to mind as being one, they had their own throttle controls, brakes, wheels, sprockets, etc....

Must have been some galvanic corrosion going on there between the aluminum and steel...probably been on there 50 years.

Glad it worked out, that Flexo sprocket/drum is very hard to find in good shape. ...:thumbsup: