How to remove governor on 2.8hp

ok bud, a little word of wisdom. before you go asking all these newbie type questions, go look through the doodlebug section. the same section where you're posting (you obviously know where it is). I looked just now and this was on the first page of posts.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/doodlebug-minibikes/4483-governor-removal-doodle-bug.html

There is also a search link at the top in white letters. Says 'search'.
You are trying to get through to someone who doesn't think auto racing is an athletic sport, obviously he's never raced a car outside the video game realm. Last I checked Nascar drivers were athletes.

Not
A
Sport
Canadians
Are
Really into.

Don't post Anything about removing the gov.
However, I think it's ok recommend getting a motor 2x the recommended size for the frame and riding it if you over the recommended weight limit! Lol

However, I think it's ok recommend getting a motor 2x the recommended size for the frame and riding it if you over the recommended weight limit! Lol
I think its ok to recommend you shove your head were sun dont shine :thumbsup:

It's a given that putting a bigger engine into a DB is potentially dangerous, we're all aware of the dangers. But it's not stupid, but removing a governor is without billet parts. And since there is no billet stuff for the 2.8 removing the governor is stupid.

I agree.
Thought it was funny but you have to be over 16 but under 150lbs. Not a lot of people left to ride them
It's a given that putting a bigger engine into a DB is potentially dangerous, we're all aware of the dangers. But it's not stupid, but removing a governor is without billet parts. And since there is no billet stuff for the 2.8 removing the governor is stupid.

Last edited:
I wanted to know becasue a few of my buddies have motors that have had the govenor removed without billet parts, and they haven't blown up yet. I was just wondering. Also I am not making fun of NASCAR, i am a fan, and a redneck.

thread locked....

can we just post that link and leave it open?? we all know they are gonna keep looking for the info....

at least we can advise them if the thread is open

I wanted to know becasue a few of my buddies have motors that have had the govenor removed without billet parts, and they haven't blown up yet. I was just wondering. Also I am not making fun of NASCAR, i am a fan, and a redneck.
And I was just makin' fun of you, it's easy when you step right in it. So we're good on the NASCAR thing. As far as the governor thing goes, even a game of Russian roulette you have a 5 to 1 chance. Yet is the key word, if they do get through an actual grenading of a clone at high RPMs they'll be changing their drawers if they're lucky. If not it will be bandages they'll be changing. Them parts gotta go somewhere!:scared:

i saw my friend's 5hp Tec let go (was riding behind him). a chunk of rod went out the front of the case and landed a good 30'-40' from where it happened. it was still too hot to touch even after we spent a good 10 minutes looking for it.

if you remove/bypass/alter the governor you're playing with fire.

When you call alot of the places that sell clones they act like it's no big deal to buy a race preped ( no gov ) motor with out the supporting mods. I was told get a Honda flywheel for $20 if I wanted to keep my magnets from. They Acted like it's no big deal. Of course they are in the business of selling motors.
This site pops up in google right away. People will come here first to find info. I think you just got to treat each one like a newbe and give them the correct info. Let them know the dangers and what is required to support an over spun motor. Jumping on someone who dosent understand Is not going to help.
No matter locked or not they still keep posting over and over and over again. Its open will see how it works out....lol

what needs to be done is to have one of those "you have to read this shit" before being able to continue on the site things for all new members.