HS40 or HS50?

Got this here HS motor with a lighting coil. I want to reuse the coil on one of my other HS engine's as this one is siezed but there was no ID tage. The bore is 2 5/8 wide And here are some pics.

Hey I'll need the blower housing for this engine. While I look for one what are the choices that will fit? HS50? H40 & H50? I seem to remember the next change is size is H60 and up so I think those are out. Hopefully the regular H40 and H50 will fit to give me more chances but to be honest i never run across those sizes for some reason.

markus

Its a small frame engine, H40 and up are bigger engines. shroud style on that engine will depend on your flywheel choice (you can run a steel or aluminum one that particular engine/crankshaft)

Its a small frame engine, H40 and up are bigger engines. shroud style on that engine will depend on your flywheel choice (you can run a steel or aluminum one that particular engine/crankshaft)
I'm pretty sure its aluminum. If it were what shrouds would fit? I'm pretty sure I can get a blown HS40 though. But just in case...

markus

curved top w/flat indentation at the head bolts fits that backing plate/aluminum flywheel mid 1969-73 "small frame" shroud for the most part

curved top w/flat indentation at the head bolts fits that backing plate/aluminum flywheel mid 1969-73 "small frame" shroud for the most part

Hey Markus-

Your engine/picture looks to be off a speedway (?) spec 55353/55354 (C) if nothing else I bet the exhaust is-

Today I picked up two of the HS40 shrouds. One 71 rounded top and one 78 squared off top. The squared off one seems to fit better. When I can post pics ill do so.

Apparently we're back with pics. Heres a test to see if they post. Here are the two HS40 shrouds i picked up last weekend. '71 and a '78. Should the '71 fit that backing plate? The '78 fits better but i like rounded better. Who doesn't? ?