Hunting or trail riding, we are ready

WLB

Last Sunday my son and I took the mower and walk behind bush hog to the little farm and I cut the roads, shooting range, and what we call the picnic area by the back pond and my son used the walk behind bush hog and cut trails through the woods. He really outdid himself this year and we have some fine trails.

Yesterday, my wife, son, and I took Mr Goat and the Tote Gote to the farm and while they rode around the roads and larger paths I cut low hanging branches on the narrower trails with a hand saw so we wouldn't get a stick in the eye if we later ride in in the dark to hunt. Then while my wife was practicing with her .32 my son and I rode the trails until I was wore out. That only took about an hour:laugh::laugh: We also set up one of our trail cameras to see if anything is using the place. All our oak trees that we planted (we planted 4000 mostly oaks and walnuts 25 years ago) are now producing acorns so deer should be attracted there once the corn has been harvested.

We all had a good time but I'm moving slow today.

WLB

Mostly just work to be done for me, Buckeye, but still a good time. To work with my son either on the farms or in the shop is always special for me even when the old body suffers later:laugh::laugh:

dajsnipe, I never remember to take a camera with me when I go to the farm. I'll try to remember to take one when we go back to check the trail cam.