Hurricane Irene

buckeye

I pay real close attention to these things, since I live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. I actually track them and am a member of a couple of forums. Kinda of a hobby. Anyway, she has gained strength and will continue to do so. If you live anywhere in Florida and the Southeast Coast all the way up to Va. you need to pay close attention to this one. She has the potential to be a real bitch. If you don't have a hurricane plan you might want to think about getting one. Just my 2 cents worth for you east coasters.

Well the tropical weather does not take vacations like our President does when times are tough for so many. I seems like weather is changing it's patterns every year. But good old Home Depot will always have enough plywood to sell. And Red Cross will be there to help in there way effective or not.
Hope it passes everyone by.
Steve :scooter:

buckeye

I was wanting or friends here on OldMiniBikes to pay attention . If you haven been through one it is more than Home Depot and Red Cross. I have bee through two majors and it suck real bad. Just a warning to our friends in case they havent been paying attention. And yes our worthless prs is a real piece of work

I've been through my share of hurricanes as well as typhoons. Was stationed in Guam and we got hit hard. How hard ? The wind speed indicators were rated at 250mph and it blow it away,lol. So batten down your hatches!!

Well I have road out a few in my years, this will only be about a 1 by the time it hits us:doah: compaired to Gloria back in 85 this is going to be nothing:no: Good luck to everyone south of me:thumbsup:

gbones

i remember gloria, i was 7. wasnt here for bob in '91, was on summer vacation in texas. we came close last year, but thankfully a front pushed it out to the atlantic. im hopeing its only a 1 by the time it gets here.

buckeye

A one isn't too bad. We don't even put the hurricane shutters up. But be safe. It's the aftermath without power that sucks.

buckeye

I lived Katrina and Ivan. Not fun. We live like 6 miles from Mobile Bay and 15 from the Gulf. We wont evac unless 4 and then we kinda see where its going. Make hotel reservations early in case we need it, but cx if not. Gotta have a plan.