I call it Death Wish

With the help of member Jim Donovan, I was able to contact Frank Weir to see if he could identify this kart. I got a response back within an hour congratulating me on owning a Bilbrook, built by Bilbrook MFG of New York, NJ.

Apparently the Karts were produced from some time in the late 1950s (earliest ad I have seen is in the December 1959 Quarter Midget and Karting World magazine), through 1965 and manufacturing may have moved to Connecticut at some point. Frank provided the attached ads and from them and a bit more research I am convinced that My Bilbrook is a very early example dating to 1959 or 1960.

If anyone has a copy of December 1959 Quarter Midget and Karting World magazine, I would really like to get a copy of that ad, or any earlier ads for Bilbrook.

The Yellow (then painted silver) cart I posted pictures of above is a later model of the Kart as it has a tube framed seat back and steering column support vs the solid rod squared off design of the early karts.

Note that the cart in the second ad does not have scrub brakes, mine had them added at some point but was originally equipped with a single drum brake. View attachment 312715 View attachment 312716 [/QUO]

Attachments

Thanks, If I had seen the ad before I started on it I would have built it closer to original but water under the bridge at this point, guess it's a resto-mod