I got an interesting one: Power Products Corp. vertical shafted engine

Last night I was going through an out building in an old abandoned farmyard when I came across an old vertical shaft motor. It had Power Products Corporation, Crafton Wisconsi stamped into it. The crank is seized, but the carb functions perfectly. I ran out of time to get the serial number and pictures, but can anybody tell me anything about these engines? I am guessing it is a 3hp or lower, and is 1940ish. I aslo know that the Power Products Corporation was bought out by Tecumseh in 1956, that is why I posted it in this category. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Will get pics and serial number tonight.

The main reason I picked it up is that the round tank would be perfect for my mini bike, but now I think I will get it running and restore it.

Okay, I got some pictures of the engine and the Model and Type numbers. Here they are. Model: V47 Type: F504A

This is what the engine looked like when I brought it home

This is the carb

This is what looks to be the air filter, just some tin foil like material

This is the side view

This is what looks to be the flywheel, funny it don't have any fins :shrug:

And this is the airvane governor setup, very simple

I don't know if you can see it or not, but the back of what I think is the flywheel has "Fairbanks Morse" embossed on it. I know Fairbanks Morse made engines, but this is a Power Products Corp. engine. Did someone do some backyard mechanics on this engine?

Andrewp

Have the restore kid, and motra, and I think delray look at it they had a thread going guessing what motors were. Had some cool stuff on it .

Fairbanks and morse also made flywheels for continental engines in some cases I think, probably what came on it. There may have been stamped tin fins that bolted on the flywheel, like the plastic fins on hondas now.

The bottom crankcase cover the part that the PTO is sticking out of has some cracks in it so it is toast until I find another engine like this to fix it, or I won't fix it, and will just use the carb as it works good.