I think I am ready to pull the trigger, anything sound wrong?

After a few weeks of bothering people on here I think I am ready to order parts and begin. Goal is to end up with a Tote Gote type able to carry two adults or one adult and 1/2 an elk. So a 400 lb payload. No tubing bender so using rect tubing. Getting inspired from the frame of the Trail Buck and the Tule Trooper,, well those and dark beer. Wanted enough power, and lights, and on a budget so am going with the Champion 389cc, 13(?) hp. torque converter, jack shaft, 6 inch band brake, leading link front end like the Trail Buck, long enough for two people and a bit of a rack. Number 40 chain. Not sure on the wheels and tires yet. Want a softer ride, but need the load capacity of a 4-6 ply. Plus most of where I ride will be rocky, so a tuff tire is needed. So still looking at tires and wheels. With the weight of the bike and payload I think a GVW of 6-800lbs, so each tire should be rated at 400lbs plus? Most likely have shocks on the seat, ridged rear wheel. Anyone see any gross errors here? And any ideas on wheels and tires? I assume the stock muffler has a Forest Service approved spark arrester, so will leave it for now, but a larger, quieter muffler is most likely in the future. I may be getting a small sheet metal brake, so will practice on some tool boxes on this thing. What kind of seat height should I be aiming for? Hey, thanks in advance for all your patience! Jim

Well dam, first mistake was posting this in the wrong forum, should be in projects,,,,grrr. off to a good start. reposted in projects, how do I delete this one?

Last edited: