Idle issues

Hi,

Does any one know why when I let off the throttle on my stock DB30 and come to a stop or near stop it stalls out. I've adjusted the idle screw on the carburator and that didn't helpat all. Thanks

Make sure the clutch is oiled and the chain is not too tight (1/2" to 3/4" of play).
Speaking of oiling the clutch, can someone give me exact instruction on how to do this? The manual that Baja provided gives a pretty sad explaination. I think I am doing it correctly, but I'd like to confirm it. Sorry to go off topic. Carry on.

n58591

Don’t oil the inside of the clutch. You want to oil the bearing right on the edge where it bolts to the shaft. I am sure I have seen a picture in here somewhere.

delray

when it comes to oiling the clutch there is a thin bronze bushing that needs to be oil with couple drops of oil. best way to oil it is to take the unit off the crankshaft and then pop off the snap ring and then you will be able to see it and at the same time you may want to clean out the clutch housing with brake cleaner and blow it out with compress air and then add couple drops of oil. probable wouldn't hurt to tap on the shoes. just to make sure they are moving around and not froozen in one spot.:thumbsup:..:scooter:
any oil will work straight 30,5w-30,10w-30,etc......

Do you mean the spring and bar connecting the carb. to the bar next to the carb. If so how would I do it. Thanks

Hell I don't know. Around here you chat up a hundred posts and WHAM you get senior status an overnight veteran. I have a hard time explaining things in words so bear with me.

You know the throttle grip. there is a cable that comes out of it. slide the cover off the cable and then turn the cable either in or out (try doing this while the bike is running preferably on blocks or something) it's the same like you would do on you pedal bike. doing this will pick up any slack. if it's too tight you will know because the bike will want to run away.

i would check what everyone else is mentioning particularly the chain oddly enough even though the clutch should not be engaging maybe your idle set to high but you would know- is the motor screaming when you start it up or does it rumble mildly?

When you start the bike it should just sit there and run on its own.

Hell I don't know. Around here you chat up a hundred posts and WHAM you get senior status an overnight veteran. I have a hard time explaining things in words so bear with me.

You know the throttle grip. there is a cable that comes out of it. slide the cover off the cable and then turn the cable either in or out (try doing this while the bike is running preferably on blocks or something) it's the same like you would do on you pedal bike. doing this will pick up any slack. if it's too tight you will know because the bike will want to run away.

i would check what everyone else is mentioning particularly the chain oddly enough even though the clutch should not be engaging maybe your idle set to high but you would know- is the motor screaming when you start it up or does it rumble mildly?

When you start the bike it should just sit there and run on its own.
Thanks I'll try it all out

I've tried everything you all suggested and it still doesn't work. When I start the DB everything runs fine it's once I accelerate then let off the throttle and slow down that it stalls. If anyone has any other suggestions I open to hear them. Thanks

I've tried everything you all suggested and it still doesn't work. When I start the DB everything runs fine it's once I accelerate then let off the throttle and slow down that it stalls. If anyone has any other suggestions I open to hear them. Thanks
try running the bike while adjusting the choke lever from wide open>>>>>3/4 open >>>>>1/2 open >>>> and so forth. that carburetor screw: reset it to zero by turning it all the way in then backing it out 2 full turns. If you live more than a mile high than back it out 3 full turns. while you are at maybe an engine tune up.

if that doesn't work maybe you got a dirty carb. Could you use a laugh this evening? try blasting the bike down and give it a good washing. little bit of wax on wax off if it don't run at least it'll look good.

:smile:
try running the bike while adjusting the choke lever from wide open>>>>>3/4 open >>>>>1/2 open >>>> and so forth. that carburetor screw: reset it to zero by turning it all the way in then backing it out 2 full turns. If you live more than a mile high than back it out 3 full turns. while you are at maybe an engine tune up.

if that doesn't work maybe you got a dirty carb. Could you use a laugh this evening? try blasting the bike down and give it a good washing. little bit of wax on wax off if it don't run at least it'll look good.
Thanks for the help if it doesn't work i'll make sure it looks nice and purdy