Im looking for a long intake adapter for a 24mm mikuni, It's going on a gx160.

I am looking for a Long intake adapter, one that is cheaper than the one on the website. They are $40 on the site. Im looking to pay at least $25-30 shipped. If you in michigan/detroit area that will be a plus! Thanks, Look forward to hearing something from someone.

Are you talking about the billet part that bolts on the carb for the air filter? It's only $9. I've seen guys get creative and use old lids and other items instead. If you need the whole kit, you could probably buy it separately. You can buy everything in the kit for around $30. That wouldn't include shipping, but that's cheaper than $40. Look through the motor threads. There is a guy on here that uses a piece of PVC to make the adapter to hold the air filter on.

Look to run a mikuni 24 you need the aluminum manifold that bolts to the motor . Also needed is a piece of rubber hose to connect the manifold to the carb . You could probably buy any type of manifold cut one side off and connect the carb with a piece radiator hose and done . So look for a used intake that fits a clone or honda .

vwfan79

Just my opinion, but I have built quite a few gx160s and a 22mm works great with the shorter stroke even bigger valves and the works. If your in the Detroit area try Howards motor sports or motor city minis they both sell the 24mm manifold.