Installing 1.1 ratio rockers

Will I new to change anything if I put the champion rocker in a box stock project,
Also can I run the rockers with the stock studs or do I have to use the ones the rockers come with

You have to use the parts that comes with the champion rocker set...
Setting the lash is super easy with these rockers...
As far as changing anything on a BSP engine...probably the stock springs, as they will float earlier with the heavier rocker arms.
Other than that, did you get the taller valve cover? Or,a spacer for the valve cover, or massage the stock cover to accept the new taller rocker arms?

rmm727

You will need the Champion valve cover, a valve cover spacer, or remove the baffle from the stock valve cover to install these.

Champion rockers have a ratio of 1:1

Stock is 1.1:1

Ratio rockers are 1.2:1 or 1.3:1

You will need the Champion valve cover, a valve cover spacer, or remove the baffle from the stock valve cover to install these.

Champion rockers have a ratio of 1:1

Stock is 1.1:1

Ratio rockers are 1.2:1 or 1.3:1
So stock is the same as the champion 1.1s,
Also I put them in today along with 18lb springs and the bike just feels like it wants to keep pulling

rmm727

Not its not the same. Champions are 1:1 (said 1 to 1)

Stock is 1.1:1 (said 1 point 1 to 1)

It doesnt look like much of a difference but there is a difference. Its like a multiplier. With a .230" lift cam and Champion rockers you get .230" of lift. With the stock rockers you would get .253" of lift. (1.1 times .230)

It doesnt look like much of a difference but there is a difference. Its like a multiplier. With a .230" lift cam and Champion rockers you get .230" of lift. With the stock rockers you would get .253" of lift. (1.1 times .230)
So I don't get no added lift from the champions

vwfan79

Nope, in my opinion the valve train has enough stress and unless your using roller ratio rockers you are better off getting your lift from your cam. If your using a black mamba you have plenty of lift. Last year's drag motor had a black mamba with champion rockers and would turn 8000+ in 1/8th mile. I once spun it 9600 rpm, if you build your engine right you don't need any more lift than the black mamba gives.

Nope, in my opinion the valve train has enough stress and unless your using roller ratio rockers you are better off getting your lift from your cam. If your using a black mamba you have plenty of lift. Last year's drag motor had a black mamba with champion rockers and would turn 8000+ in 1/8th mile. I once spun it 9600 rpm, if you build your engine right you don't need any more lift than the black mamba gives.
Is more lift better cause I got a few cams I can get a 310 isky or a 355 isky

vwfan79

Is more lift better cause I got a few cams I can get a 310 isky or a 355 isky
Stock valves stick with the black mamba, bigger valves 27 25 go with 310 and 28.5 27 or 32 28 go with the 355. Also you need to make sure you clearance for the lift of which ever cam you use.

So the stock ones give me more lift

vwfan79

Yes but the durability and ease of setting is not there. IMHO if your wanting a reliable motor that can spin higher rpms then use the champion rockers.

Yes but the durability and ease of setting is not there. IMHO if your wanting a reliable motor that can spin higher rpms then use the champion rockers.
Ok I'm gonna keep the champs, and I'm going to end up running a black mamba or a 310 isky, is the lift what gives the bikes that sound like it's ideling high but it's really not