Installing drum sprocket help needed

old-timer

Scamming Member
I'm installing a new drum brake sprocket on a new Azusa TriStar wheel. Can someone walk me through what I need to do and how to go about it?

Do I bolt the new drum sprocket to the wheel using the stock bolts that came with the wheel? They don't even look long enough. Then when I install the brake do I use spacers or how do I go about it. I've included a couple pics of what I have.

Thanks for the help

Vic
I want to warn you about the Asuza drum brake. Do a search on here and there is plenty of reading. It may take several tries of sanding/clocking the sprocket to get it to work without rubbing.
Essentially wheel halves in the tire, drum/sprocket on the side you choose, bolt together. Insert spacer that is thick enough to keep the brake assy of the inside o the drum but doesn't push it outboard too far. Once installed on the frame, you need a clamp around the lower frame rail with a longer bolt to catch the ear of the brake so it doesn't rotate.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Vic
I want to warn you about the Asuza drum brake. Do a search on here and there is plenty of reading. It may take several tries of sanding/clocking the sprocket to get it to work without rubbing.
Essentially wheel halves in the tire, drum/sprocket on the side you choose, bolt together. Insert spacer that is thick enough to keep the brake assy of the inside o the drum but doesn't push it outboard too far. Once installed on the frame, you need a clamp around the lower frame rail with a longer bolt to catch the ear of the brake so it doesn't rotate.
e

Thanks for the reply,
So can I use the stock wheel bolts to mount the drum sprocket, or do I need to get some longer bolts?

Vic

As long as there is enough thread to engage the depth of the nut with a lock washer I'd say you are good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

old-timer

Scamming Member
I don't think there is with the stock bolts, so I'll hit Ace Hardware tomorrow and see if I can get something a tad longer. Just ordering up some bushings and washers now in different sizes from OldMiniBikes so I'll have an assortment to work with.

Vic