installing new tire

whats the best way to put a new tire on a rim?
i have 4.10 x 3.5-6 tires for a 6" rim. i got them off fairly easy, now im having trouble getting the tire started on the rim.
i have a set of tire irons

thank you for any ideas

One side should go on reallativly easy , then use 2 large c-clamps to squeeze the tire down till the beads are touching , space the clamps about 5 or so inches apart ( lube tire as stated ) this will allow for much easier installation , push the squeezed down beads to center of rim and you'll gain more room on opposite side to work it over with tire iron , screwdriver or whatever !

If the tire is flat as a pancake (a lot of the new china tires come that way) put the tube in the tire and put a little air in the tire. I also use a blow dryer to heat the tire up and make it softer.

My local Discount Tire Store charges $15 to change a tire.

I have had a tire removed, brought it all home, cleaned & painted the wheel then had them install the new tire without schmucking up the wheel.

Pay someone else who KNOWS how to do it. Most full service lawnmower shops will do it very cheap. It is not worth the time and aggravation.
Michael
Ha! What's a Lawn Mower shop? If we weren't sending the rest of the Colorado River to California at the Parker dam, you wouldn't have them either. :laugh:

Our local Big O tire shop charges $5 per tire on an 8" rim. I drop them off, then walk next door to Weinerschnitzel and pretend to look at the hot dog menu while drinking draft adult beverages.

And Gumpit has it right- vegetable oil. Of all the slimy stuff I've used, dish soap, et.al. that veggy oil really worked well. Just have to remember to bring it back into the house when done, and not use the fancy bottle filled with the expensive extra virgin olive oil.