Installing Yellow spring on driven unit

O.K. I have a couple of yellow springs that I want to put on a couple of my driven units. I have never tried taking one apart. But my buddy has and seems to have some problems both getting them apart(looks like he butchered them taking them apart) and he is not quite sure how it goes back together. I am sure he is just being impatient taking it apart but are there any tricks I could tell him?

Also how does it go back together? Does the spring have to be twisted "X" amount of turns or do you just set it in hole 1.2.3. and just push it together? Or push it on and tighten/turn it to the next tab? Thanks RANDY

Ratbike

O.K. I have a couple of yellow springs that I want to put on a couple of my driven units. I have never tried taking one apart. But my buddy has and seems to have some problems both getting them apart(looks like he butchered them taking them apart) and he is not quite sure how it goes back together. I am sure he is just being impatient taking it apart but are there any tricks I could tell him?

Also how does it go back together? Does the spring have to be twisted "X" amount of turns or do you just set it in hole 1.2.3. and just push it together? Or push it on and tighten/turn it to the next tab? Thanks RANDY
The ones I've done just turned to the next tab so there is some tension there but not excessive.