Introduction

Hello all,

I joined this forum since I recently acquired the minibike I had as a kid. Kawasaki MT1A (1972 or 1973 I think, not sure which). Still runs after sitting realistically probably about a decade (maybe some light use through that period).

My family bought this from someone (a neighbor I think) around 2003 or so, honestly can't remember. Lots of good memories doing laps around the house and riding down the dirt road.

Do kids still ride these things lol? I remember my fair share of bails taking it too fast around a wet patch of grass. The bike does too, handlebars are bent, kickers bent, etc.

Happy 2024!

PXL_20240124_235608464.jpg PXL_20240124_235618775.jpg PXL_20240125_172313191.jpg PXL_20240125_172323128.jpg

Nice bike! As a young Marine in the '70's, I kept one of those in the back of my Jeep. On weekends, we would go to the beach and take turns riding it back and forth while our buddies shot bottle rockets at us. Whoever knocked the rider off, got to ride it next. Extremely tough little bike.

Welcome to Paradise. Nice little bike and to answer your question, this site is proof kids still ride minis. Albeit the kids might be over 60.
Great for kids or kids at heart :p I think I would be more worried about a wipeout at 60+ however.

Hello and welcome! You may be able to find some needed parts at Vintage Kawasaki

Member @Gatecrasher is the MT1/KV75 expert on here.
Wow awesome! Looking on that site lots of parts for the bike, even new brake pads. That's sick. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nice bike! As a young Marine in the '70's, I kept one of those in the back of my Jeep. On weekends, we would go to the beach and take turns riding it back and forth while our buddies shot bottle rockets at us. Whoever knocked the rider off, got to ride it next. Extremely tough little bike.
Oh man that's hilarious. Did you keep score? If it was your bike I hope you "won" ;) Yeah it's a badass little bike, my uncle, my dad, basically everyone would ride ours around.

Welcome to the minibike madness. Nice bike.
Thanks Bob! I loved this bike as a kid. I took a photoscan of it and am hoping to 3d print some of the accessories I wished I had as a kid now that I actually know stuff, haha.