ISO Jetted Carburetor for DB30 97cc

Hello All,
I am new to the forum and have purchased a clean 97cc DB30 for my son for Christmas this year. He is 8 and has never ridden before, so I prefer to leave the 97cc on it for now. I have installed a jackshaft kit, new plug, green clutch spring, and cleaned the carb. It starts and idles great. The problem is it has a bog off idle and is getting lean when it hits the governor.

I have searched the forum and have found many references to a person on the forums that is selling a modified carb for the 97cc. What I can't find is how to contact him to purchase one.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Fisher1983

You can get the jetted carb from HRMB or jet your stock one yourself. If its the Huayi carb with the adjustable idle mixture screw, thats the better carb. For my 97cc I ended up drilling the main one step up from stock. The #80 (smallest) bit fit the pilot jet tightly....I reamed it out with that bit but not too much. Clean and reassemble making sure that all the tiny holes in the emulsion tube are clean too. Finally, lightly seat the idle mixture screw and back it out 3.5 turns. It should start immediately and be quite responsive. Ive done this on two 97cc bikes with great success...my current bike has the green spring, header, and jackshaft too...its a lot more fun to ride. Not many folks like the 97cc but if youre patient with it and address the carburetor issues they will run great. Mine is reliable, peppy, will rev to the stratosphere if I want it to, and I didnt have to drill any mount holes in my mint motor plate to swap in a GX.