It's a Fox, what model?

Its the right clutch setup your just missing the outer half of a two speed clutch setup . you need another set of clutch shoes and the outer drum .here is a picture of one of my NOS clutches [not for sale sorry] .stevBMI has aftermarket two speed clutches on E Bay auction #190484844392 not the same but your only quick option

Last edited:
Thanks Fat Boy. I looked at the Ebay auction, I see the two drive sprokets, but the spacing would be way off. Can you tell me how this would work?:confused:

I have not put one of the BMI clutches on a Fox yet so I am not sure how to do it , but I can look tomorrow and see how it does fit as I have four of the BMI clutches for other projects . That is why I bought the originals when I had the chance years ago to put on my Street Scamp projects . I had a bunch of them and am down to two left now and I have two Scamps left to finish .

Please let me know if it would work. I am working on a Rupp right now, And can't wait to finish it, so I can start working on the Fox.:thumbsup:

The original clutch sprockets are wider than the BMI Comet two speed clutch sprockets and the BMI clutch will not work as it is with the original jackshaft . It would require relocating the jackshaft down to clear the second speed clutch in order to use a newer Comet two speed setup with the BMI clutch . Now I know why people turn them into a single gear setup when they cant find the original double width clutch .