jackshaft removal and flipping clutch

Hello forum members. New guy here and wanted to introduce myself. I have a Coleman Ct200u and this is my first mini bike:scooter:
It's fun as heck and has plenty of torque to satisfy my current needs but I would gladly trade for more speed.
Reading about mini bikes here is what made me finally decide to actually buy one.
Now I just wanted to know how I can go about gaining more top speed without changing the internals and doing massive modifications while keeping the stock motor reliable and long lasting. I read somewhere about removal of the jackshaft plate and the sprocket to make a direct chain from the clutch to the rear sprocket. Will this give me what I'm looking for?

Greetings..welcome ...invite join Coleman group,the admin will have to approve before you in to view content.i myself inverted clutch and removed jackshaft going to a 68t sprocket..there is much to consider if is right for you.I would get more input before making a move..most say get a torque converter..some like changing gears on jackshaft..cheers

Last edited:
Greetings..welcome ...invite join Coleman group,the admin will have to approve before you in to view content.i myself inverted clutch and removed jackshaft going to a 68t sprocket..there is much to consider if is right for you.I would get more input before making a move..most say get a torque converter..some like changing gears on jackshaft..cheers
thanks for the welcome

how do i get invited or request to join the coleman group?
what are the benefits / dangers of inverting the clutch...did a search on inverted clutch and nothing.

Go to your profile page and scroll down to see groups on left and join..no danger in inverting clutch you just need proper gearing for your application

Last edited:
Thanks again. Found the group and read every single thread. No info on inverted clutch but I decided to do it today anyway. The bike is now much much faster too end. Lost a lot of torque but still enough acceleration. Good compromise since top end was what I was looking for. So I tried to do a top speed run but actually ran out of road that I was testing on. Question. Would I get more torque with an 11 tooth clutch rather than the stock 10 tooth without losing too much top end?

Thanks again. Found the group and read every single thread. No info on inverted clutch but I decided to do it today anyway. The bike is now much much faster too end. Lost a lot of torque but still enough acceleration. Good compromise since top end was what I was looking for. So I tried to do a top speed run but actually ran out of road that I was testing on. Question. Would I get more torque with an 11 tooth clutch rather than the stock 10 tooth without losing too much top end?
what i meant was for you to post there asking opinions on different options..if you got a sock 50t rear sprocket you are running 5 to 1 ratio with 19" tires.you will probably burn your clutch out..I'm running 68t rear sprocket and is the safe limit imo for a clutch if running street rides.i ride only 30 to 45 minute blasts ..the longer you ride the more stress on clutch..11t will be really way too much..

Last edited: