jewel or junk?

Found this on the local Cape Cod craigslist. No idea what kind it is. Seller says, make an offer its a "BRVTE"??? Any help with this is much appreciated. Looking for a winter project. Thanks

Last edited:
Depends on price. I've seen a few bikes with the diamond on the forks but forget what they were. :doah:

Neat bike but remember theres only one bar on top and front.

Last edited:

jeep4me

I had one of those with the diamond on the front forks. But someone hacked up the rear end really bad.

I would buy it, nice little bike. Offer him $50, maybe he'll include the engine.

delray

sinner 70, your bike is a grand prix.
here is a brochure with the same frame and diamond plate on the triple tree. look close at the one out line in red:thumbsup: it's hard to tell if your handle bars have been change(modified):weld:? they should fold down.

here's a picture of josh's unpainted frame from the the factory.

i think these bikes are kind of hard to find. you don't see alot of them posted. it might be worth looking at:thumbsup:

Think about it, any set of good wheels is worth a least 50, then you have the rest. If you can get it all for $75 even would be a good deal. Hope this is not another I paused and its gone, @#$%..... type of thing.

Last edited:
Think about it, any set of good wheels is worth a least 50, then you have the rest. If you can get it all for $75 even would be a good deal. Hope this is not another I paused and its gone, @#$%..... type of thing.
Yep, going to see it this weekend. Bringing 50 bucks. Take it or leave it. Let you guys know how I made out.

Found this on the local Cape Cod craigslist. No idea what kind it is. Seller says, make an offer its a "BRVTE"??? Any help with this is much appreciated. Looking for a winter project. Thanks
Bought this today. 40 bucks. not bad. only prob is someone zipped off the orig. handle bars and welded these on. Frame is solid, tires are dry rotted. seat is decent. Any thoughts/ideas for a build with this thing? thanks.

Good deal. It doesn't look anything like the Grand Prix pictured in the brochure that is shown. I had a bike like that 3 yrs ago that said Mini Bryte and was the same color. I live in MA. Could be the same bike.

Good deal. It doesn't look anything like the Grand Prix pictured in the brochure that is shown. I had a bike like that 3 yrs ago that said Mini Bryte and was the same color. I live in MA. Could be the same bike.
that would be nuts. I live on the cape. the guy who sold it to me said he got it at a flea mrkt. Doesn't know much more that that. did someone cut the orig bars off it and weld up the chrome ones when you had it? Like mini de ja vu...:smile:

It ain't no Gran Prix .................

Mc Bob.
look at page 1 and the color pic that Delray posted. Looks just like that with the orig handle bars chopped off and others welded on. You can even see the little "cups" that the bars used to slide into. I think Delray is correct.

delray

guys look at the brochure again. minibike that i have high lighted in RED. look real close at the triple tree. you can see the diamond plate and bracket welded below it with a curve shape and this bracket is also welded in the back between the frame tubes. also the frame too is the same(single tube on top). if you look at the bike on craigslist for sale it also still has the small tubes welded on top of the triple tree for the folding handle bars,but someone has modifield it:hack: with my old computer screen its very hard to see the small pictures, but now with a new flat wide screen it show everthing real good:thumbsup:

Didn't see that one. Looks like DelRay is correct. Could be the same one. I didn't have it long. A buddy of mine bought it, traded it to me and I sold it on eBay for $120. It had an engine but didn't run. Right now on CraigsList (cape) there is another one for $180.

Last edited:
Didn't see that one. Looks like DelRay is correct. Could be the same one. I didn't have it long. A buddy of mine bought it, traded it to me and I sold it on eBay for $120. It had an engine but didn't run. Right now on CraigsList (cape) there is another one for $180.
yea, talking to that guy. its down to 140. Says he need car ins. money. I'll just wait till he's desperate. :devil2: and offer him 50-60 bucks. Let you know how I do.