Just a couple of projects my buddy and I have been working on.

Well, just thought I'd throw up what me and my buddy have been up to. First off, have to say, huge thanks to everyone on this forum for everything I've learned and all the great info. Every time I need to know how something gets hooked up/how to do something, I am able to just type it in the search and bam, at least 3-4 exact answers. Also a huge shout out to OND for hooking us up with some awesome headers!

Alright, here goes. Picked this up off craigslist and decided to make a "project" out of it.

Decided I liked the look of it better without the front cover.

So, got to sanding the frame down, and OND made a cool a** header for me! I like it a lot, I think it's pretty cool!

The frame went to my awesomely professional paint booth

And, as it sits now. It's waiting on a bunch of parts to come in, I should have it finished up in about a couple weeks.

Well, in the middle of all this, my buddy decided to jump on the mini bike train. He liked the way the Honda GC160 looked that I had, so he jumped on craigslist and scored a pressure washer with a GC160 for 50 bucks. This is what he started with, (it's the lime green doodlebug on the right):

We mocked up the GC160:

And then he hit the awesomely professional paint booth:

Finally where he sits now. Waiting on tires, we should have his going this next weekend! OND also welded up a header for him. We got the throttle hooked up, basically just copied someone else's setup from here, I'll take some pics to hopefully help someone else in the future.

Thanks guys for all the help and I'll update as we finish these. Also, this is what my mini bike madness is starting to come to:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
When I was searching there was a few GC160 builds on here minus the shroud. If it turns out to be an issue then I'll throw it back, although I'd really rather not.
I get cha, looks neat without it. I'd just be worried about the cooling and that's why mine stayed on.

Alright, so we got my buddy, Ben's bike running. It's not finished, he has new tires to put on that we didn't have the energy to tackle tonight, he needs to fab up a clutch cover, and he has a header that OND welded up for him that he's waiting on a muffler to come in for. So, here's a couple pics:

And here's how we hooked up the throttle. We drilled a hole in the throttle arm, put a cable stop bolt in there, and attached a spring to keep the throttle in the idle position.

And here's his kill switch that he hooked up:

There's still a couple little things here and there we need to tweak, so I'll post a driving review a little later this weekend. Thanks guys!

So, today we threw on the tires, this time instead of just muscle f****** them on we ran to Harbor Freight and picked up the mini tire changer they sell. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who's going to be changing a lot of tires. It took us maybe a minute per tire after we got it clamped down to a solid surface. After we got the tires on we went cruising. His bike with the GC160 is a nice cruising bike, you don't have to worry about it wheelie-ing and putting you on your ass, but it does have some nice pick up and go. I'd say it goes around 30 mph. Although obviously, my predator doodlebug is considerably faster, he can hang in there a lot better than the old stock 97cc! Overall, I'm glad everything works the way it should, runs smooth, and looks good! :smile:

Well, finished up this bike. Had a few hiccups along the way but for the most part got everything finished up. I still have some things to do cosmetically, put the shroud back on, trim the front axle bolt, do some touch up paint on places that got chipped up, get a throttle cable that works with the other blue grip, etc. I'm just glad it runs! Funny to think it started like this:

And now it's this: