Just bought a doodlebug not running

I just bought a red doodlebug that's not running. I cleaned the spark plug, new fuel, and cleaned out the carb. The bike now starts and will idle, but when I give it full throttle it dies, and when i go to start the bike if the brake is not being held the bike takes off. Also it has no power, my son weighs in at 65lbs and it would maybe do 3 miles an hour. The guy said his brother messed with it and it never ran right after that. The springs on the linkages are messed up.

Any body know the size of the springs I need?

Sounds like tow separate issues. First issue bike taking off on startup; make sure your chain is not too tight second clean and oil your clutch ( they stick)

Your power issue. Most people get a carb kit or you will have to run with the choke partially on. Second the 2.5 hp engine is under horse powered but will run better with the throttle spring rAised to the top or 3 hole on the long, silver bar that is vertical on the assembly.

Should be good to go

To Clean clutch you can leave it on and blow it out with air. Then you actually oil the area that faces you. use only motor oil,, several drops around the small round shaft in the middle of the clutch. There is actually a brass spacer between the shaft and clutch;; oil that area then lean the bike( away from you) so the oil will draw itself down the shaft and between the spacer.