Just Purchased

I know this is a terrible picture but the best I could do in the dark, after going to pick this up. It's got a Honda motor that is obviously not right but can anybody identify the frame and if any other parts are incorrect? Thanks

IT is a fox campus with a honda shifter motor and rear wheel.. looks to be a Honda CT70 donor bike married to a campus bike.... :laugh:

Thats a damn fine ride.. :thumbsup:

Dear Harleyreg, I am the resident Fox Campus preservationist and restorer on OldMiniBikes. This is by no means a reflection on you or your purchase but only a comment on the frame. So please forgive me and do not take offense when I tell you that: THIS NOT A FOX CAMPUS FRAME!! It is the twisted, mangled, and mutilated remains of what used to be a Fox Campus frame; brought about by the marriage of a hacksaw and a speed limit sized IQ. That being said; I sincerely hope you enjoy your new bike. Ogy

Dear Harleyreg, I am the resident Fox Campus preservationist and restorer on OldMiniBikes. This is by no means a reflection on you or your purchase but only a comment on the frame. So please forgive me and do not take offense when I tell you that: THIS NOT A FOX CAMPUS FRAME!! It is the twisted, mangled, and mutilated remains of what used to be a Fox Campus frame; brought about by the marriage of a hacksaw and a speed limit sized IQ. That being said; I sincerely hope you enjoy your new bike. Ogy
Lol - no offense taken. Butchered or not, I'm still happy with what I got for the price. I may be able to sell the motor, throw one of my old Tecumseh or Briggs on it and have a cheap mini to ride around.

With some work, that could just be the baddest Campus to ever roll!

Cut, hacked, whatever, it still plays to our hobby. If I had those parts laying around, I might have done the same.

Some bikes deserve preservation and restoration. Some get modified. The important part, at least to me, is you keep the bike alive instead of wasting away in a barn or garage... Or worse, outside...

markus

I'd love to see some better photos of all sides, thats not a typical Honda engine, It has an odd sidecover and it appears to be a manual shift but it is not the engine that the H series CT's used not to mention the wheels are very odd as well but the rear does look like its at least a Honda hub. its not typical CT or Z50 anyway :shrug:

Does it function? Shes a freak for sure, but it looks like they did more than just slap the engine in. I see speedo, wiring, etc.. Might be a little tough to shift, but could be a interesting ride :thumbsup:

Looks like the engine from a Honda QA50, which has an "automatic clutch" with a manual shift 3 speed (combined foot clutch/shift), centrifugal oil filter, and magneto ignition.

Edited: Its not a QA50, I see the clutch cable and Markus pointed out the lights.

Its more like an S90 or SS50 engine.

Last edited:

markus

Looks like the engine from a Honda QA50, which has an "automatic clutch" with a manual shift 3 speed (combined foot clutch/shift), centrifugal oil filter, and magneto ignition.

Edited: Its not a QA50, I see the clutch cable and Markus pointed out the lights.

Its more like an S90 or SS50 engine.
Just figured it out, its from a C200, which is a 87cc 4 speed :thumbsup: I was stuck on the wheels thinking they flat out used possibly some import monkey bike as a total donor :doah:

oh yea QA's were auto 2 speeds with notorious shift issues

Just figured it out, its from a C200, which is a 87cc 4 speed :thumbsup: I was stuck on the wheels thinking they flat out used possibly some import monkey bike as a total donor :doah:

oh yea QA's were auto 2 speeds with notorious shift issues
Markus, good detective work: C200... not many of those left, and that 4-screw RH sidecover is not common to any of the bikes I have had.

The QA only had a 2-speed? I was about 12 years old last time I rode one, so my memory slid an extra gear in there! Thanks for the clarity :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the comments and help with identification!! It is not currently running but the claim from the seller is that it has been in his garage for ~30 years. It's apparent that the tank hasn't had any fuel in it for a long time and I may need to clean the carb. From pushing it, it seems to shift through the gears and neutral. This is all from my two minutes of time, checking it out. I'm excited to get it home this weekend and spend some time investigating :thumbsup: