Kami Motorcycle

Hi. I just came to this page for the first time due to a Google search. I am actually into Yamaha Enduros, but Thursday on a Yamaha search/rescue I happened upon a Kami (what I believe to be a) KD100cc. I know you guys are into mini bikes only, but I am hoping someone out there can help me find a little info on this bike. I have it bought but have not picked it up yet so no pix yet, sorry. It is missing a few parts but appears to be about 80% complete +/-. I have done the general searches and found out a bit on Fuji engines and all the bikes that used them including Gemini and Rupp, but there is virtually NOTHING on the net about Kami's. That in itself is really COOL!! I had to buy it! $300 bought both bikes and I am happy! Anyway, any assistance, direction to another site or general help will be greatly appreciated!

David

I saw the brocure on Ebay. Mine looks different than those. Is yours an 80cc? It looks smaller than mine but its hard to tell size in a pic. Mine looks like the red one (also on ebay, a photo of) except mine has the original exh and the one in the pic has aftermarket exh. I did a copy/paste to my puter but have no idea how to post a picture here.

I believe mine is a Mini Trail. It is an 80cc. My tank is different so I think it's a different year than the brochure. According to the brochure all of those bikes are 80cc.

Would you consider selling the whole motor if you are gonna transplant a Tecumseh anyway? I don't know if all the parts will interchange but I figure some will. Let me know. Thanks

Here is a fun Kami story.When I was just a kneehigh I came to my fathers work,Chafee moters in Hawthorne Cal. MUST HAVE BEEN 70-71.As i was walking there was a car with an open window,I curiously glanced inside and saw this beautiful new hodaka engine,strange.I ran and asked my dad:who,s car is this.Well he introduced my to I think his first name was tommy Kamifugi.Real cool guy who was in early stages of producing the ,,,he wasnt sure about the name yet,,,,KAMI CYCLE.I was going to be the prototype test rider.I was thrilled.Well he had some production bugs to sort out and I moved .soo there went that dream.Good luck with your bike

Hent

Here is a fun Kami story.When I was just a kneehigh I came to my fathers work,Chafee moters in Hawthorne Cal. MUST HAVE BEEN 70-71.As i was walking there was a car with an open window,I curiously glanced inside and saw this beautiful new hodaka engine,strange.I ran and asked my dad:who,s car is this.Well he introduced my to I think his first name was tommy Kamifugi.Real cool guy who was in early stages of producing the ,,,he wasnt sure about the name yet,,,,KAMI CYCLE.I was going to be the prototype test rider.I was thrilled.Well he had some production bugs to sort out and I moved .soo there went that dream.Good luck with your bike

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

WOW! That is a cool story! I have been doing some searching and found a 1 page orignal ad in Cycle Guide Magazine looking for Retailers of Kami Motorcycles. They listed several places who already were retailers. I did some research and found 2 places still in business. Called one and he had only owned the biz for about 25 years and did not want to tell me past owners name... :( Other I found was a Suzuki Dealer in Houston TX. I emailed them but so far no response. I'm not giving up! Here are a couple pix I took of mine a few days ago.

Awesome

Does that share allot of parts with an Indian Me100?
Is that the 80 or 100 cc motor?
Where did you get that exhaust?

thanks
frankster