kawasaki kv75 engine mods

does anyone know of any mods or any little tricks to get a little more out of it? its a 79 and its fun but i just want a little more.

thanks
Brian

WLB

Since it's a two stroke it is relatively easy and cheap to get a little more power.

Mill the head .020 to .030 and re cut the squish band to match bore. Don't exceed 150 psi cranking pressure or you will inhibit flow through the transfers.

Raise the exhaust port .030 and widen slightly. Don't get radical here. Raising the port too much will kill all low end. With such a small displacement you don't have much to begin with.

Those two mods should give you about a thousand more rpm and 10% more hp. If you want more, try to find an expansion chamber made for your bike. If you can't find a good chamber you can modify the baffle in the stock muffler but I would have to see a picture of the baffle to suggest how to modify. Don't recall ever seeing the baffle from a 75cc. Just removing the baffle usually does more harm than good; it makes the stinger diameter too large.

You will likely need to raise the needle (lower the clip) in the carb and go up one or two sizes on the main jet. A good flow through air filter will help also.

WLB

Forgot the intake. If I remember right that is a piston port engine (not rotary valve). You can remove .045 from the back of the piston skirt to get a little more intake timing.

my buddy used to do tons of mods when he had a 2 stroke quad. he opened up the "window" on the piston. apparently 2 strokes by nature have rooms for lots of little mods for more power. i don't know much more than that.