Kick Starter

The last one sold in the box for 206 bucks. And I have seen others sell for about that. The one you posted seemed to have a helper bidder. I would bet we see it listed again. Just a hunch...

I couldn't even give my two fairbanks kickers away last year. Of course I didn't list them on ebay. I agree with captain cheezy. Something smells rotten there

80.00 You must be digging deep to find the that cheap. I saw a used painted one last a half of day just recently on ebay. Went for just a little over then 200.00

The seller is selling one that's truly NOS. Not like what others claim.
Just like his other auction...just found it interesting. Also watching the bidders. And funny how Iron Honky literally gave away two of the same fully functional kickstarters on here just a couple months ago. He couldn't even get a decent offer for them..let alone 200 each. It is all about hype...there are thousands of them out there. I got rid of the ones I had years ago because they destroy and crack the shroud basically. But they add a cool factor if you barely use the bike or like most..don't ever start it.

They do have that cool factor. Two years ago I missed out on 2 of them new in a box at a estate auction. They sold for $90 for the pair. I wasn't happy I lost out...but I didn't cry all the way home either. I've had one before and they do have some drawbacks.
I would love to have one on my Chopper just for looks

I'm no fabricator, far from it, but I just can't see why these can't be made by an enterprising person and sold reasonably.
It's been discussed here before. What I recall was that some of the parts are extremely tedious to make, and if anyone did that, they'd still have so much time invested that the price would be just as high.

I think they're cool too, but not "that" cool. One that was built to handle high compression engines would save some hands and tendons.

WrenchDad

If you need a "NOS" for a restore or show bike I could see it but not just to have. They are not that rare They show up a lot more than the 50cc Saxonett recoil. (The last one of those on E-bay was buy it now for almost $400). I need one and I wouldn't pay that.

I sold a fully functioning saxonette motor with recoil cheaper than people sell just the recoil. Killing the hobby. I could see 200 maybe for the recoil but not over 4 bills. Crazy!!