KILL SWITCH new predator 212

here's another newbie question,

on this new motor the factory installed switch on the side of the motor does NOT kill it. Ive had to choke it or shut the gas to stall the motor, how/why can that be malfunctioning? or how to fix? I think it worked the first two or three times. we've only had this a week.

thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Could be wired wrong, or the ground connection bad.

Or just a bad switch.

Can you get a close picture of the switch are on the motor showing the wires?

Could be wired wrong, or the ground connection bad.

Or just a bad switch.

Can you get a close picture of the switch are on the motor showing the wires?

here we go.............

I disconnected the oil pressure shut off and inserted the kill button spade into the harness in its place.

I removed the flywheel/blower case and found there was nothing to see as far as the switch goes, the ground appears to be secure on the block, the kill button is up on the handle bar, I've scraped all mounting surfaces clear of any paint. still no kill.

When you push the button, it should short direct to ground(frame/block). If there is anything like paint in the way, it will not work.

Do you have a DVM? Digital Volt meter?

is it possible the motor is not grounding/grounded to the frame? sounds bazaar but I just can't get this.

I have a DVM, I'll have to dig it out. I've got four long work days coming up so it will be a little bit til I can get to it again.

I have had the same problem with my baja warrior.... the kill switch was not working but when i hooked it up to a different engine it worked. i figured out that the wire broke inside of the cable and when i shortened it it worked fine after that. you might want to try looking for breaks