Lawn mower mods?

Today when I was mowing my lawn that I have neglected all winter my mower was bogging out due to how thick the lawn had grown so the small engine bug in my head said this could be way better so I ask everyone who has modded out there mower I was thinking a carb header and poss a mild cam and does anyone make a heavy flywheel for vertical shaft engines I'm sure the stock one is cast alu and a heavy steel one would be in best interest of fixed rpm operation thank for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Morris code

During the spring and summer it's a weekly event but the first mow of the year and a annual cabin defendable space clearing I'm going Tim Taylor on my mower. my wife smiled and chuckled when I told her the mower needs more power so I think that's a ok....

Auburn CA
I think I may have over fertilized last fall it grew like 6-12" we only got a few inches of snow that lasted a week or so and some rain in the past few weeks

Yeah but the head is cast into the block a domed piston would be cool but too much $$$ I think this motor only has one cam lobe if it's like it's horizontal brother

toomanytoys

I think your easiest bet would be to raise the deck up a notch or two for the first cut.

I did find a website where a guy nodded his K series Kohler. Camshaft compression raised ect ect. It sounded good!

It would be nice to have to only cut a push mowers worth of grass. I have a 60 inch cut tractor and spend a good 2 hours hacking away at my grass....