Leaking fuel level indicator

I have one of the yellow clones, not sure but thinking Champion? Anyways it has a fuel level indicator on top of the tank and it's been leaking and getting on the little girl's clothes when she rides with me.

Any body cure this or should I put on one of my engines without the indicator and use this engine for a tankless buildup I'm planning?

It's a little bit of a hassle to change on my DB with TAV, adjustable plate that I finally got set up nicely, etc.

I really think that's the way i'm headed...

I go to the hardware store and buy those rubber plugs that look like a cork and tap it in with a rubber mallet or one of those freeze plugs that you stick in the hole and tighten up with a wrench. These cures are if you don't care about the gauge.

joekd

Does it only leak when completely full? I know I read on one of my motors documentation that you should never fill it up all the way

Does it only leak when completely full? I know I read on one of my motors documentation that you should never fill it up all the way
I never fill it all the way up, but of course it leaks more when fuller. Even low on fluid it will leak due to bouncing and also loading it into my truck by myself. I built this thing purposely for a beater to take to swapmeets, etc. and for beating around down by the river by my house.