Learning curve ... 3-Wheeler ID

Well it sure is different and I have never seen one like it . But the rear axle components all look normal just the pair of swing arms are way different. Got to be some kind of shocks missing on each side to support the outside axles and wheels.
Steve :scooter:

Last edited:
Impressive. So I take it my guess about the drive line was right LOL. Still hoping someone will recognize the pics and tell me if this thing was mass produced. Looks like it was built in a jig so maybe there were more than just a few made. I've been a biker over 50 years and am hesitant to try this one on. Not the build, but the safety/reliability factor.

New at this, but most of the trikes I've seen look mostly the same. Motor in the rear, limited suspension, and small front wheel. Lots of nice bodies and seats though. If this thing isn't something rare I will put a 3/4 scale girder front end and double up seat I've been saving on it. The fiberglass one-piece fender is old skool cool to me. Not taking the welder to it till I find out if it is historic though.

I'm really digging this Peerless IRS.......
this looks pretty easy to build.
I have a couple of those diffs laying around here too......
I think I'd do it a little different though.
This setup is like the old VW bug swing axles......
the camber changes as the suspension cycles.
I'd stack A-arms on both sides, use heim joints at all three ends of each,
connect them to a heavy duty uprights, and add two more U-joints.
Add a sway bar and some adjustable shocks and I think it would ride pretty nice.
If you ever want to sell that thing, let me know.