lighting coil

Only ones I've heard of were for military use and pretty hard to come by.

You come across a cheap stash of them let me know

Last edited:
Well...wait a sec here: check their line of snow blower engines. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the models is/was equipped for a light. I had looked into that a while back, and I think their "better" engines might.

delray

thats cool,never seen a newer small block briggs with a lighted coil. i have seen lighted coils on the newer 5hp blocks.
i am running one on my briggs bike i built.

My old 1980s 5HP Briggs flathead snowblower said "Made with provisions for lighting, charging, and electric start systems." It didn't come with any of that though.

delray

TheDullCarbide
My old 1980s 5HP Briggs flathead snowblower said "Made with provisions for lighting, charging, and electric start systems." It didn't come with any of that though.
common to find that on gilson snowblower in the late 80's
here is one i purchase in the past that did have the stuff on it.

the only down fall on them was the recall was spot welded pointing forward..:doah: had to brake the welds and reweld it pointing up.

lighted coil briggs used on that unit.

delray

Cpl2442,thanks for posting that. i believe i have seen that in the past. i save it now....:thumbsup:
when kc57 post's is numbers off is newer style small block flathead it will be little easyer to figure things out. i would like to convert it to a lighted coil and it right now has a 120v electric start on it. so i should be able to find a dc motor for it....:thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat right now with an Intek 206.

I'm assuming you already have a flywheel with magnets in it? I have a total of 3 inteks that I've accumlated and the last one I've torn into now has a flywheel with a starting gear wheel and magnets on flywheel with a 1.5 amp DC stator inside. I order a stator that should push out 5 amps with the same "small" magnets as Briggs describes them. Will be fun to get it all together and see what it does.